Search

F Reward Flight "Cancelled" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
F Reward Flight "Cancelled" LHR-DOH

Hi All,

I've had a reward F LHR-DOH cancelled in Feb, it looks like the flight is now operating a three class 777.

Online it isn't given any options other than cancel, planning to ring up later this week. What are the likely options? Am I just going have to accept the downgrade or is there any chance they'll change to the QR flight? The other option is ultimatly I'm heading to Bahrain (although on seperate tickets & orginally planned a few days in Qatar) but I'd be happy to change to the BAH flight, any chance BA will allow that?

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You should be able to change to QR. That's certainly what I would push for.
Howard Long likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
There have been quite a few threads on this, both here and on HFP, e.g. see here. Suffice it to say, BA are being very underhanded in the way they're handling this, and you need to tread with caution otherwise you may not get the full rights you're entitled to.
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So there has been the odd report of BA rebooking on to QR F (either under the QR flight number or the BA codeshare) - but that very much seems to be for a lucky few who slipped thro the net. Their view is their cabin closure standard guidelines only allow rebooks on to BA flights (or AA if a JB route). They are not treating it as a cancelled flight even though the email states it is a cancellation. As far as they are concerned their cabin closure policy won't even allow rebook on QR J.

Additionally, any refund comes after travel and you can bet they won't do the 75% downgrade refund as they are supposed to. i imagine you will have to push it to CEDR/MCOL to do something.

Pretty poor behaviour by BA tbh..
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Well, if BA themselves notify a cancellation, why should the passenger doubt this is the case. EU/U.K. 261 dictates offering an alternative flight under similar conditions. I would ask for QR F. If not granted then ask what alternative BA offers. And if none, then CEDR to request insisting on QR F. There is probably still time between now and next February to get the CEDR hearing to force BA to cover QR F.
Radiation Station and KARFA like this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Well, if BA themselves notify a cancellation, why should the passenger doubt this is the case. EU/U.K. 261 dictates offering an alternative flight under similar conditions. I would ask for QR F. If not granted then ask what alternative BA offers. And if none, then CEDR to request insisting on QR F. There is probably still time between now and next February to get the CEDR hearing to force BA to cover QR F.
yes I have called up a few times now and basically been told to go swivel. I left it today with the booking untouched as I wanted to decide what to do. I did ask she recorded in the notes that she refused to rebook on QR F on a joint business route even tho there was availability.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by KARFA
I did ask she recorded in the notes that she refused to rebook on QR F on a joint business route even tho there was availability.
I'm never convinced these notes ever get read, and that's assuming they're even ever written. Maybe GGLs have better luck than GCHs.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long
I'm never convinced these notes ever get read, and that's assuming they're even ever written. Maybe GGLs have better luck than GCHs.
oh I doubt she has written exactly what I told her to write.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes I have called up a few times now and basically been told to go swivel. I left it today with the booking untouched as I wanted to decide what to do. I did ask she recorded in the notes that she refused to rebook on QR F on a joint business route even tho there was availability.
Perhaps trying pushing for Qsuites rebooking with a refund for the price difference instead? Honestly that’s not such a bad outcome, the difference between QR F and Qsuites these days is basically access to Al Safwa, a plate of caviar and a better wine list, speaking as someone that used to love QR’s A380 F.

QR has become incredibly protective of QR F to LHR recently and may be the ones driving this, presumably because they are able to sell the cabin for cash (my last 4-5 QR F LHR flights the cabin has been full/close to full).
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:14 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Perhaps trying pushing for Qsuites rebooking with a refund for the price difference instead? Honestly that’s not such a bad outcome, the difference between QR F and Qsuites these days is basically access to Al Safwa, a plate of caviar and a better wine list, speaking as someone that used to love QR’s A380 F.

QR has become incredibly protective of QR F to LHR recently and may be the ones driving this, presumably because they are able to sell the cabin for cash (my last 4-5 QR F LHR flights the cabin has been full/close to full).
You sure they were cash? They release decent Avios availability in F on their A380.

When I was booked BHD-LHR-SIN on a BA Holiday and it was cancelled BAH rebooked me BHD-LHR-DOH-BKK with the LHR-DOH leg on QR F - although accept as this was revenue there was a bit more flexibility. QR F is pretty average anyway imo.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by JD1905
You sure they were cash? They release decent Avios availability in F on their A380.

When I was booked BHD-LHR-SIN on a BA Holiday and it was cancelled BAH rebooked me BHD-LHR-DOH-BKK with the LHR-DOH leg on QR F - although accept as this was revenue there was a bit more flexibility. QR F is pretty average anyway imo.
A380 F Avios availability to LHR is blocked by QR (other than rebookings and the odd mistake like when someone accidentally released availability on the morning flight to partners last year). Other routes are often fairly widely available, yes.
JD1905 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
BA has a detailed set of rules for this precise cabin closure scenario, which can be viewed here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...lines#schedule

They don't permit rebooking onto QR (in either J or F), but that's not to say that you can't be successful in making that request as a one-off.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by Anegada
BA has a detailed set of rules for this precise cabin closure scenario, which can be viewed here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...lines#schedule

They don't permit rebooking onto QR (in either J or F), but that's not to say that you can't be successful in making that request as a one-off.
I’m in the same boat and as told the only reason I couldn’t be booked on QR was because I had used a 241 voucher. True or not I have no idea!
Old Oct 10, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

BA rebooked me onto QR F and my wife and I were the only two passengers. Given the close commercial relationship between BA and QR this is not just a case of BA behaving badly but an absolute abuse of their commercial agreement.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
IANAL but I think UK261 is clear on this. How long are the waits CEDR hearings these days. If there is enough time before travel, take them to CEDR as I believe they can force BA to rebook you in F. Otherwise, in this case, I’d be buying QR F and claiming it back from BA. I’d even consider not using MCOL in order to put legal precedence on the line for BA. I think you’d get their attention.
SW7London and chris63 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.