Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"You Need to Provide More Details Before You Fly"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

When I'm in "Manage My Booking", under my name it says "You Need to Provide More Details Before You Fly". For my wife's name, it does not say this. When I provide the details (it's asking for my US information), it doesn't seem to ever save it, so I can't get rid of this warning message. This is for a JFK-LHR-INV-LHR-JFK trip. Any advice on how to fix this? Or is it something that's not a big deal? (Note: This was booked as an AA Codeshare)

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
It's a well-known problem, try to enter the info e.g. on the Finnair website (using the BA PNR).

BTW: I'd expect it not to be a problem if you aren't able to make these details stick.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Just manage the booking via Finnair’s website and it will save fine.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:20 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
Just manage the booking via Finnair’s website and it will save fine.
I still can't quite beleive how much better the Finnair site is than the BA one for managing a BA booking.
E,g, Getting my eticket numbers to make sure I actually have a ticketed flight not just a reservation was easy on Finnair and I couldn't seem to do it at all on BA.
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
ring up and ask to have your apis details added..the duty desk can override if any probs T

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
When I'm in "Manage My Booking", under my name it says "You Need to Provide More Details Before You Fly". For my wife's name, it does not say this. When I provide the details (it's asking for my US information), it doesn't seem to ever save it, so I can't get rid of this warning message. This is for a JFK-LHR-INV-LHR-JFK trip. Any advice on how to fix this? Or is it something that's not a big deal? (Note: This was booked as an AA Codeshare)

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I still can't quite beleive how much better the Finnair site is than the BA one for managing a BA booking.
E,g, Getting my eticket numbers to make sure I actually have a ticketed flight not just a reservation was easy on Finnair and I couldn't seem to do it at all on BA.
It’s crazy I agree but it’s the BA Better world we live in.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I had this recently and thought I would leave it until the airport. Big mistake - the checkin person for my flight to the USA failed to capture my redress number and my US address, resulting in a visit to the naughty room at SFO and 4 hours kicking my heels. How BA can be so incompetent beggars belief.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
When I'm in "Manage My Booking", under my name it says "You Need to Provide More Details Before You Fly". For my wife's name, it does not say this.
Don't worry about it. Another BA glitch. When you get to check-in you'll be asked for info if anything was missing and US immigration asks you a second time anyhow. I'm always asked where I'm staying and they appear to type that in (as if I just say 'Soho House Austin' they always ask for the street address). I do often wonder how much forward info is sent through.
GNRMatt likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:35 am

I'm having the same problem with our 2 reservations from Rome to LAX... actually this happened back in July as well. Tried the Finnair workaround, didn't work. Asked via Twit/X and they said they'd corrected everything. Now both of our information is missing, whereas initially it was only mine. Will call them, but this is such a waste of time (again).
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: BA, VS
I've always found that if it doesn't save correctly in Manage my Bookings it just asks for the details and saves fine at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.