Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-order meals - Club World (JFK-LHR-JFK)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Pre-order meals - Club World (JFK-LHR-JFK)

All, maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to pre-order your meal (not a special dietary meal) for Club World flights between JFK-LHR (and reverse)? Also, for my Club Europe connecting flight (LHR-INV-LHR)? I'm used to flying AA, so I'm a bit surprised if BA hasn't implemented pre-ordering, but I'm not seeing it when inside of my reservation.

If the answer is that they don't have pre-orders, does sitting in the middle of the cabin typically ensure that my meal of my choice would still be available by the time the FA gets to me to take my order?

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
No pre-ordering other than special meals on BA at the moment. On long-haul, meal orders aren’t related to seat position but to executive club status. They collate all the orders, sort out who is getting what and come back to you if they need you to choose again.

On short haul, front to back. Middle of a Club Europe cabin should still have a choice but can be variable if something is very popular. Generally the choice is a meat or a vegetarian option.

In general, BA tend to know how popular particular dishes will be and it often works out fine.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
No pre-ordering other than special meals on BA at the moment. On long-haul, meal orders aren’t related to seat position but to executive club status. They collate all the orders, sort out who is getting what and come back to you if they need you to choose again.

On short haul, front to back. Middle of a Club Europe cabin should still have a choice but can be variable if something is very popular. Generally the choice is a meat or a vegetarian option.

In general, BA tend to know how popular particular dishes will be and it often works out fine.
Thanks @crazy8534! For using status, is it purely BA status? Or is it OW status (Note: I'm OW Emerald and my wife is OW Sapphire)?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Thanks @crazy8534! For using status, is it purely BA status? Or is it OW status (Note: I'm OW Emerald and my wife is OW Sapphire)?
OW status will count the same as BA equivalent status (assuming you have linked it to your tickets) on long-haul so very likely that you and your wife will get your first choice of meal.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:40 am
Original Poster

OW status will count the same as BA equivalent status (assuming you have linked it to your tickets) on long-haul so very likely that you and your wife will get your first choice of meal.
Thanks!!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:52 pm

A footnote to this, I've noticed J crew cleverly putting emphasis on a dish which is less popular to sway a few people towards this if they know too many people are ordering, say, beef cheeks.

And don't sit beyond row 4 in CE if you want the veggie afternoon tea in my experience.
crazy8534 and Markie like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Aif they know too many people are ordering, say, beef cheeks.
Ahah, keep dreaming!
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Glad I stumbled upon this as I am flying jfk-lhr next week and wondered why BA doesn't have a pre-order ability. Is this rumored to ever come out? I have no BA status but AA EXP so Emerald.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It was rumoured but I believe Do&Co do not have the capacity to make it work.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Glad I stumbled upon this as I am flying jfk-lhr next week and wondered why BA doesn't have a pre-order ability. Is this rumored to ever come out? I have no BA status but AA EXP so Emerald.
Apparently they’re having a total revamp of the IT system to make it cloud based. Until this is completed the project is on hold.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:50 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MFCC
Apparently they’re having a total revamp of the IT system to make it cloud based. Until this is completed the project is on hold.
Pre-ordering was one of my guesses for tomorrow. Sadly no.
Markie and the810 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MFCC
Still paying off the Commodore 64 mainframe are they?

timma1971 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Still paying off the Commodore 64 mainframe are they?

Now now. We all know BA had to buy British, so it was a ZX81!
timma1971 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.