Search

Mapping 77L seat map onto 77S

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Mapping 77L seat map onto 77S

Hello hive mind!
I have a LGW-CUN flight in Jan24 and in MMB it is showing as a Club Suites 77L.
I know there may be the odd LHR bird covering at LGW but the chances are it will be a G-YMMA-F in 77S Club World config.

We're a couple travelling together so would like a centre pair if CW so can anyone guess which seats would transfer across when config is firmed up?

Current seat map below...

LGW-CUN seat map
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
Hello hive mind!
I have a LGW-CUN flight in Jan24 and in MMB it is showing as a Club Suites 77L.
I know there may be the odd LHR bird covering at LGW but the chances are it will be a G-YMMA-F in 77S Club World config.

We're a couple travelling together so would like a centre pair if CW so can anyone guess which seats would transfer across when config is firmed up?

Current seat map below...
What an unusual question.

Logic would suggest that if you chose a middle pair on the current seat map, that you would also get middle seats if the aircraft changed to old Club World. One would assume they would put people in window seats in window seats on the other aircraft if there was a swap, for example.

I wouldn't worry about it and I've also found, as a general rule, that BA don't often swap the aircraft around. Usually the seat map you have is the aircraft you will fly on. Of course, I completely understand where you're coming from.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
1EF is the only centre pair available which will match the 32J LGW bird. I'd take those.

Unlike the above poster, I would say there's a very very high chance of this aircraft changing, so avoid disappointment, get the seats that should transfer across, and keep checking !

Last year I suffered an on the day aircraft change to ANU, from a First (flubbed) aircraft and maybe 48J to a 32J - where over 30 people were shunted back to W and beyond. Us two luckily remained in J but in bad seats.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
1EF is the only centre pair available which will match the 32J LGW bird. I'd take those.
Cool, thanks for that, I've switcherood but will keep checking the seat map every so often.
I was thinking about a window seat but the flight looks to be a day flight over a whole lot of sea and nothingness so I think it will be IFE and food and drink.
Thank you @MikeFly
mikeyfly and FlightDetective like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:49 am
Original Poster

And there we go! The seat map has updated and now shows the 77S config with Club World as below:

So we have a centre pair and I will see if I can grab the bassinet pair for easy access if there are no kids on J on this one.

ThanksMikeFly
1Aturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.