Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to AA in AMS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:47 am

you are non Schengen to non Schengen; no need to go through p/p control you go straight to gate if checked in and no baggage
Old Sep 16, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Turboprince
Are you checking in luggage?
If yes, then you will need to exit, get your bag, go to AA's check in desk and check in again, and therefore clear security again. So the 4-hr transit would be advisable.

If you are not checking in bags, and travelling with cabin baggage only, then I have had good experiences at AMS.
Most of the times you decant in the general departure area as an arriving passenger, so you can just proceed to the gate of your connecting flight.
BA usually arrives in the D-Gates - AA usually departs from the G-Gates.

It would be advisable to already have your AA boarding passes by checking in online, however even if you don't or if that doesn't work for some reason, then you can also check in at the gate once the gate is staffed/open. The AA gate agent in AMS was not irritated at all by me being at the gate without a boarding pass - they automatically assumed that I came off another flight.
Based on my experience, this is an excellent summary of the situation at AMS for this itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.