Wiki Posts
Search

Which aircraft is new WTP on?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Which aircraft is new WTP on?

Hello

I'm trying to work out which aircraft the newer WTP seats are on? I have a cheap upgrade offer on LHR-Beijing into WTP and would do it if it was the newer seat, but not the older one (I think it's worth the little extra for the new one).

We've done it a few years ago on an older seat and it was really a waste of money.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingPandas
Hello

I'm trying to work out which aircraft the newer WTP seats are on? I have a cheap upgrade offer on LHR-Beijing into WTP and would do it if it was the newer seat, but not the older one (I think it's worth the little extra for the new one).

We've done it a few years ago on an older seat and it was really a waste of money.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
If you provide the flight number and date we'll be able to give you a clear answer...
Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the other way to check is to use aerolopa.com

The newest version of the WTP seat, which is on the A350, is Recaro PL3510. There are many PL3530 seats around, but unless you are quite a seat expert you are unlikely to notice the difference. What's not clear is when you last encountered the "old" WTP seats - if it was before the pandemic then quite a lot has changed, but broadly speaking WTP is fairly similar across the fleet now.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:54 am

Also - are you thinking of the original WT+ blue seat? As for me I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the 2010 and the 2018 WT+ seats personally (pl3530 vs pl3510)
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If you provide the flight number and date we'll be able to give you a clear answer...
Thanks for the response, I'm looking in August, I don't know the exact date yet, I think they are all 777's, is there an easy way I can look myself which WTP it is, I think there are new and old seats?
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Deleted. - already answered
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
On a flight to Beijing, unless the price differential was absolutely stupid, I'd take any style of WTP over WT every time. You tend to get a lot of full reclining in the various economy options, and with WTP it's more tolerable. Also it's a good cabin to get bumped up out of as usually full.
Swanhunter and mikeyfly like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the response, I'm looking in August, I don't know the exact date yet, I think they are all 777's, is there an easy way I can look myself which WTP it is, I think there are new and old seats?
Oh wow next August ! Yes, compare the seat map shown on the WTP seat choice page before committing to booking, and cross reference with this site BA Boeing 777 - aeroLOPA | Detailed aircraft seat plans

However, being a year away, the aircraft set to fly that particular route could chop and change type several times, so there is no certainty this far out
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Deleted. - already answered
I last flew WTP in 2014, also into Beijing, it wasn't worth the money, but flew WTP around the same time out of Tokyo and it was a much better seat. I generally don't mind BA economy on the 787 but with the 777 which goes to Beijing I'm trying to work out if it's worth the extra £200. Cabin size and seat are all I'm interested in.

Many thanks
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:42 am

I last flew WTP in 2014, also into Beijing, it wasn't worth the money, but flew WTP around the same time out of Tokyo and it was a much better seat. I generally don't mind BA economy on the 787 but with the 777 which goes to Beijing I'm trying to work out if it's worth the extra £200. Cabin size and seat are all I'm interested in.

Many thanks
I'm almost certain you flew to Beijing on the "old old" seat. All the aircraft either have the better seat you flew on from Tokyo or an even newer one (but not really very different)

I'd bite their hand off at 200 quid - China flights are busy and 3-4-3 economy is not fun if you've got a neighbour
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Can't see August on GF quite yet, but there are some decent WTP flights for £816 ex Oslo in July, e.g.

Round trip to Beijing | Google Flights

Or ex LUX for £818 - one timing allows the lux there and back to be done the preceding day to the main travel so can be a day trip.

Luxembourg to Beijing | Google Flights

Also ex Dublin for a little more, Jer, etc, usual suspects basically. I don't think I'd be thinking twice about using these fares over the £553 or so in economy from LHR on the same dates. It's a long old flight wedged into WT with a full recliner literally in your face.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Fortunately BA updates their catalogue more frequently than the Rolling Stones, those old seats are gone, and the new version quite respectable.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Oh wow next August ! Yes, compare the seat map shown on the WTP seat choice page before committing to booking, and cross reference with this site

However, being a year away, the aircraft set to fly that particular route could chop and change type several times, so there is no certainty this far out
That's a useful site, but how do I know which aircraft I'll be travelling on?
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:07 am

For 777's. the last panel says "what 777 am on?" - if you compare the seat map in Manage My Booking and the information in that panel, you should work it out. If that's too difficult then we need the date and flight number.
FlyingPandas likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can preview (usually!) the seat map before completing or paying for any booking, as part of the choose seats stage. The seat map will correspond with one of these :

When booked in World Traveller Plus

All types are arranged with 8 abreast seating (AB-DEFG-JK)
  • 77G: six rows numbered 21-26. There are no 21AB or 21JK seats
  • 77H: five rows numbered 30-34. This aircraft type is identified as 77W on BA's seat chart
  • 77J: three rows numbered 12-14
  • 77L: five rows numbered 15-19
  • 77M: five rows numbered 21-24
  • 77R: five rows numbered 21-25
  • 77S: six rows numbered 10-15
  • 77T: seven rows numbered 10-16. There are no 10DEFG seats
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.