Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 BA First Security - Systems-Issue Delays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Morning all,

Just arrived at T5 where there is a massive queue of people waiting to go through BA First/Club security. The BA representative at the check-in desk said there was an issue with their systems which started around 9:15 am. I was recommended to use Fast Track security in the main terminal instead.

As South Security Fast Track was extremely busy, I used North Security instead and was done in 10 minutes.

Not sure when the BA systems issue will be resolved but just wanted to give people a heads up if they are flying from T5 today.

Now in the CCR enjoying the runway view. If anyone is around, please say hello. I'm wearing a denim shirt and a hat.

Best

estrangeiro8
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This was a brief outage of the Ready to Fly scan before security. It was resolved about 09:50 hrs, but I guess it may take 30 minutes or so to clear down the backlog of passengers. It did affect North, South and First Wing, but there aren't many scan points in the First Wing.
estrangeiro8 and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks c-w-s. Glad to know you're on it and things are gradually returning to normal. Definitely haven't experienced that before at T5.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I just came into the first lounge in T3 and they had problems scanning boarding passes. Lady at the desk had said their systems had been up and down all morning.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Meeting up with the delightful estrangeiro8 on the delayed BA 193 to DFW, would never have happened without Flyertalk. Still at LHR 3.5 hours after the scheduled departure but the crew have been brilliant with food and alcohol freely flowing and the ongoing party is fun. Really don’t care whether or not we go at this point, but hopefully we will get off the ground within the next hour. The picture might be upside down but that reflects the fun on board!
Attached Images  
Old Sep 4, 2023, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much @Furby. Absolutely wonderful to have met you and really enjoyed the fascinating, engaging conversation.

Really enjoyed visiting the cockpit and meeting the pilots with you too.

Now, 5 hours behind schedule, we are on our way
.... definitely no chance of us making our connections today.
becks1 and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.