Wiki Posts
Search

Pyjamas in F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver / OWS
Pyjamas in F

A quick question for those more knowledgeable than I. Where do people change into their pyjamas? Are the lavatories in F so much bigger than in Y? I just have visions of lots of contortionists!!! I shall be taking my premier F flight later this month from LHR to DFW so I am unsure of the etiquette with the pyjamas.

Thanks so much! Andrew
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:48 am

Folks change either in the lavatory or at their seat, depending on the lighting level, their modesty, and their undergarments.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ands1977
A quick question for those more knowledgeable than I. Where do people change into their pyjamas? Are the lavatories in F so much bigger than in Y? I just have visions of lots of contortionists!!! I shall be taking my premier F flight later this month from LHR to DFW so I am unsure of the etiquette with the pyjamas.

Thanks so much! Andrew
in my humble experience, F lavatory is generally very average in size. Similar to other classes lavatories. One outliner might be if one is flying F on the a380 and could ask to go upstairs to use the lavatories in front of the CW cabin which are dramatically bigger (it's were other carriers put showers and bigger facilities in fact).
Also on other aircrafts, accessible CW lavatories are bigger than regular ones and offer more space to change.
JTXC and Ands1977 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The vast majority of passengers change in the toilet. And yes, it’s the same size as down the back.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Essentially whenever you want, space in the wc depends on the airplane type. By putting the shelf/seat down over the toilet it can give a bit more room to change.

In my experience on day flights people change just before they plan to lounge or sleep and on night flights people often change during boarding.

In short, do what’s best for you.
Ands1977 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver / OWS
Thank you everyone! Quite insightful responses!! I shall ponder my options and see what happens on the day.

Andrew
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver
The lavatories are the exact same size as others have mentioned however there is a seat that folds down over the toilet which can help when putting shoes back on etc. Once I noticed a passenger had changed in the lounge and boarded the aircraft in PJs so it all depends I suppose.

On most recent flight I found the lavatory more spacious on the 781 over the 777 although can't say for sure.

On the subject of lavatories on BA there is nothing that stands them out compared to other carriers F or Business class lavatories.
FlightDetective and Ands1977 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:09 pm

I try to board early then change during boarding.

Glass of bubbly.

Change into PJs in the toilet, as above if there's a flip-down baby-change shelf, use that to fold/stack clothes so I can slip them into the locker without too much creasing.

With luck, another glass of bubbly.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by sungod
I try to board early then change during boarding.

Glass of bubbly.

Change into PJs in the toilet, as above if there's a flip-down baby-change shelf, use that to fold/stack clothes so I can slip them into the locker without too much creasing.

With luck, another glass of bubbly.
Once upon a time I would have agreed that this would have been the best option until I experienced a full evacuation of an aircraft. Fortunately I was not in PJs and had my shoes on and ever since this it has made me realise that it is best to remain in outdoor clothes until airborne as I for one don't want to be going down a slide in PJs or without shoes on and end up on the tarmac and then in the terminal with no clothes on.

I know that the above is very unlikely however I for one never thought I would experience it and I did.
chucko, pennineuk, ATLCDG and 16 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I generally change in the lavatories but on occasion, if wanting more space, I’ve also changed in the lounge and gone to bed with pjs on or pj covered by jeans which I then remove at seat.
Ands1977 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by ScottishTX
Once upon a time I would have agreed that this would have been the best option until I experienced a full evacuation of an aircraft. Fortunately I was not in PJs and had my shoes on and ever since this it has made me realise that it is best to remain in outdoor clothes until airborne as I for one don't want to be going down a slide in PJs or without shoes on and end up on the tarmac and then in the terminal with no clothes on.

I know that the above is very unlikely however I for one never thought I would experience it and I did.
Wearing pyjamas does not preclude you from also wearing your shoes during taxiing and takeoff.

Indeed, doing so demonstrates that you know exactly what you're doing.

Last edited by Howard Long; Sep 1, 2023 at 3:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Most aircraft have curtains that can be pulled across at doors 1L and 1R which will give you far more room to change, just ask the crew to pull it across for you.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ScottishTX

For a similar reason I now always keep my passport in my trouser pocket when on board. I think someone mentioned that tip on FT.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 1:16 pm

If you're on the A380, you can always pop upstairs to the oversized Club loos at the top of the stairs - enough room to throw plenty of shapes without restriction 👍
BA or bust and Ands1977 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Ands1977

Thanks so much! Andrew
I've reached the age where I personally don't care who sees what, and also where whoever's looking at me is likely to have no interest and will hopefully look away. Also I'm less mobile than I used to be. So last time I flew F, on a 787 where the F toilets are miniscule, I changed at my seat. I would have no problem changing in the aisle quite honestly, if BA are going to be inconsiderate and not provide a large enough toilet. On other airlines I've found the toilets to be large enough.
Ands1977 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.