Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking LHR Departing T5 returning T3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Parking LHR Departing T5 returning T3

Hi all. Departing terminal 5 for long weekend returning to terminal 3. What is the easiest parking solution?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA, HH, IHG, RR, AA, KF, EG
There may be cheaper, but I had MBW M&G parking for T5 booked during August.

Our flight home from MIA (380 issues) was cancelled and we ended flying from NAS into T3.

I just called MBW and informed them I was arriving to T3 and not back to T5. They delivered my car to T3 M&G without issue or extra cost. Very easy.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
The official Heathrow Meet & Greet and Heathrow Valet can arrange it free of charge. The former have certainly done it for me in the past.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I park in T5 long stay near the exit furthest from the entrance, adjacent to the T3 business parking and catch the bus to T5. On my return I catch the T3 business parking bus from T3, get off at the first stop in the T3 business parking and do the short walk through to the T5 long stay. Did it last weekend with hand luggage and no issue.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Assuming there isn't a huge difference in cost, I'd park at T3 and arrive a bit earlier than usual. Get the bus to T3 and take the train to T5 (no cost, but make sure you get the transit ticket). That way, you'll get on your way home quicker when you return.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Heathrow Meet & Greet is very easy. Be careful if your car isn’t ULEZ compliant though, any days your car moves will trigger a fee.
acucobol and tom tulpe like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I stopped using meet and greet when my car came back with the trip meter reset, heating on full blast, and a suspiciously low fuel reading.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Heathrow Meet & Greet is very easy. Be careful if your car isn’t ULEZ compliant though, any days your car moves will trigger a fee.
Maple now do an off-site park and ride outside the M25 (at 51°28'32.00"N, 0°31'5.00"W) - which avoids the ULEZ charge - although it's about the same price as the T5 Maple drop off (not M&G) plus the ULEZ charge!
(One issue is if they take/bring your car to/from their off-site storage area from/to T5 on another day since you'll be charged for that too!). Will probably just use the off site business parking at T5 next time... .
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:17 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
I’d use purple parking. Same location and bus services T3 and T5 so very straightforward. Usually decent price wise too.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see:
Parking T5 departure / T3 arrival (pictures)
gcuk likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I used parkway parking M&G and so far have been satisfied.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
Maple now do an off-site park and ride outside the M25 (at 51°28'32.00"N, 0°31'5.00"W) - which avoids the ULEZ charge - although it's about the same price as the T5 Maple drop off (not M&G) plus the ULEZ charge!
(One issue is if they take/bring your car to/from their off-site storage area from/to T5 on another day since you'll be charged for that too!). Will probably just use the off site business parking at T5 next time... .
It’s been a while since I saw a car in T5 short stay that wasn’t ULEZ compliant. There is a lot of hype around this matter.
As for parking - Purple parking is good but you could park in which ever terminal is cheapest and then transfer between terminals on the free trains etc. personally I’d park in the terminal I arrive at as on departure I usually don’t mind transferring around LHR
Old Aug 31, 2023, 4:19 am

I did the reverse recently. Parked at T5 long stay, bus to the terminal, free train to T3. Went to check in, realised I had dropped my passport in my car. Back on the train, bus etc. Back to T3. Mrs Y was delighted to see me... the scowl on her face had almost gone. Off on hols, then back to T5 and all ended well.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: AA PLT
Easiest: Heathrow's own Meet and Greet - they'll happily have the car waiting for you at whichever terminal you're arriving (the cars often get moved to long stay anyway so it's no hassle for them). Often reasonably priced mid-way between the price of the long-stay and the price of the short-stay.

Cheapest: Purple Parking - probably the cheapest car park at Heathrow and yet run by Q-Park, so a decently secure and slick operation. The shuttle bus does a tour of T2/3/5 so there's no issue getting back on the bus from a different terminal to which you arrived.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:09 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Park in T5 Long Stay at the far easterly (London end of car park) and take the bus as usual to T5. On return to T3, take the "T3 Business Parking" bus and get off at the far westerly stop (Slough end of car park).

Just walk through to your car, should not be more than 50-100 metres, so 2-3 minutes. Have done this many times, it's very easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.