Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

3 Qualifying flights needed and 20 tier points - any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum

My apologies I have scoured the TP thread and can't find any sugestions for our Ist.World Gold retention predicament!

I have looked at open jaw on the BA website but can only get 3 x 5 TPs this way. 20 needed.
Any suggestions are welcome Ex LON and overnight if necessary 2 PAX. Anytime in September.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Personally I'd nest 2 x B2B domestics in a day so LHR-ABZ-LHR-ABZ-LHR or similar, that will net you the 20tp and the 3 flights.

CB
Paolo1972 and JapesUK like this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
I’d say the same as cbyrne92 double flights in one day. Looking at September for the destinations i checked mostly the early flight is cheap but the later ones are definitely not. Did find one possible option, right now a double bounce to Dublin on 19th September can be done for Ł199 for the 4 flights in economy.
Paolo1972 and Sparkyfletch like this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Alternatively, you could look into flying to some airport in Spain, with a connection in MAD.
Since IB coded and operated flights also count as qualifying flights.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Train to Manchester and start a Man-Lhr-Europe return?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
My apologies I have scoured the TP thread and can't find any sugestions for our Ist.World Gold retention predicament!

I have looked at open jaw on the BA website but can only get 3 x 5 TPs this way. 20 needed.
Any suggestions are welcome Ex LON and overnight if necessary 2 PAX. Anytime in September.

Thanks in advance.
I may be missing something, as admittedly I have never attempted anything like this before, but you might well get the 20TPs doing this depending on the fare class. Q, O & G earn 5TPs, so if at least one of your three flights is in a fare class other than those you're there.

Last edited by Bohinjska Bistrica; Aug 14, 2023 at 4:33 pm
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Alternatively, you could look into flying to some airport in Spain, with a connection in MAD.
Yes, but there appear to be issues with Iberia Express flights not coding automatically as a qualifying flight. (and quite a few of the cheapest IB destinations are going to involve an IB Express domestic flight)

Not really what you want with a last minute TP / segment run...
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
I may be missing something, as admittedly I have never attempted anything like this before, but you might well get the 20TPs doing this depending on the fare class. Q, O & G earn 5TPs, so if at least one of your three flights is in a fare class other than those you're there.
Agreed, but we neeed the 3 qualifying flights as well..
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Personally I'd nest 2 x B2B domestics in a day so LHR-ABZ-LHR-ABZ-LHR or similar, that will net you the 20tp and the 3 flights.

CB
Other option is to have a multi city on one ticket. Example LHR - EDI - NCL - LHR. Then you are protected in case of irrops. EDI - NCL will Route via LHR. This can be done in one day. I did the same last week prior to my collection end date of 08/08
Sparkyfletch, cbyrne92 and JapesUK like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
Agreed, but we neeed the 3 qualifying flights as well..
You noted in your post 3 x 5 TPs. I assumed this meant you'd have three sectors and, therefore, if one of those flights was 10 TPs, you're there.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by Kay_Baden
Other option is to have a multi city on one ticket. Example LHR - EDI - NCL - LHR. Then you are protected in case of irrops. EDI - NCL will Route via LHR. This can be done in one day. I did the same last week prior to my collection end date of 08/08
Nice way of doing it! Was the pricing comparable to 2 x return tickets?

If you nest the trips as LHR-ABZ (Ticket 1) B2B ABZ-LHR (Ticket 2) then LHR-ABZ (Ticket 2) B2B ABZ-LHR (Ticket 1) then you are mostyl protected against IRROPS anyway.

CB
JapesUK and Sparkyfletch like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
While we’re on the subject of qualifying flights, can it be IB operated but AA coded? I have a transatlantic flight booked MAD-JFK in my next TP year on IB with an AA code. Would that count as one of the four segments for BA qualification?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
While we’re on the subject of qualifying flights, can it be IB operated but AA coded? I have a transatlantic flight booked MAD-JFK in my next TP year on IB with an AA code. Would that count as one of the four segments for BA qualification?
No, IB operated and IB marketed. See post 4 of the guide Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
What about something like LHR - GLA/EDI - DUB - LHR - making sure to book the leg to Dublin on EI using a BA codeshare. Or LHR - MAD - BCN (or similar) - LHR. Gets the three qualifying sectors and can be done in a day. Would also be worth comparing the price difference on each leg between one of the higher priced ET fares that earn 10TPs compared to booking one of the legs in CE. Occasionally, depending on day and route, there might not be much in it.
Sparkyfletch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.