Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - SYD Club Suites

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:22 am
Original Poster

LHR - SYD Club Suites

All thanks to Headforpoints.com this morning sending me an alert there was a big release of up to 4 seats by BA for quite a lot of dates for July 2024 LHR - SYD. Snagged 2 seats for 290,000 avios in total using the amex vouchers and £1500 in taxes and fees. I was reading that this route was going to be using the 777-ER with new club suites but upon checking the seat map it shows a 789 config which I presume is the old configuration? Any ideas on when the new club suites might be installed for this sector/s?

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by londontraveller
All thanks to Headforpoints.com this morning sending me an alert there was a big release of up to 4 seats by BA for quite a lot of dates for July 2024 LHR - SYD. Snagged 2 seats for 290,000 avios in total using the amex vouchers and £1500 in taxes and fees. I was reading that this route was going to be using the 777-ER with new club suites but upon checking the seat map it shows a 789 config which I presume is the old configuration? Any ideas on when the new club suites might be installed for this sector/s?

Thanks

hi

For the 789s , I think the installation has been put back to mid 2024 ( after the 777 300s are done) so very unlikely for the 789s to Syd in Jul 2024.
regards
tbs
Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

For the 789s , I think the installation has been put back to mid 2024 ( after the 777 300s are done) so very unlikely for the 789s to Syd in Jul 2024.
regards
tbs
Thanks for the update. Very helpful of you! A tad picky of me but I guess its better than slumming it in cattle class for 20 hrs! Cheers!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

regards
tbs
Ah, unfortunate. I can only hope for an equipment change to HND next May then.

SYD would be a phenomenal companion voucher redemption, very well done londontraveller!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
For a mere 70,000 more you can take Qatar and avoid the underwhelming 789 Club
babyg_wc and Mike Skyflier like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond

Thanks
interesting because that’s like a pig n poke question. BA with all respect will play around with this ad infinitum - best of luck
Old Aug 5, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not looking for flights on this route at present, but to clarify - do you mean for 70,000 more Avios than the BA cost before or after the 2-4-1 is applied, for 2 pax?

Hadn't realised it was that inexpensive (relatively) for QR.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
2 problems - I dont have an extra 70,000 more to shell out and more importantly availability so far ahead as in July next year for 2. The Avios I have is split between me and my other half so even if both of us set up separate accounts in Qatar and do a transfer theres not enough avios whereas the household account feature in BA allows us to pool it for a redemption. Besides I do need to use up my 2-4-1 voucher before it expires. Same problem with 500K miles on a star alliance carrier...no availability...lol
Old Aug 5, 2023, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by so3003
Not looking for flights on this route at present, but to clarify - do you mean for 70,000 more Avios than the BA cost before or after the 2-4-1 is applied, for 2 pax?

Hadn't realised it was that inexpensive (relatively) for QR.
Yes, 90,000 to SYD MEL BNE ADL each waY and modest fees
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Good luck with getting QR seats...

(I get it something may be possible at a little bit higher cost, but is quite rare to find on the day you want. Also QR is not Q suites to SYD....)

Congrats on the 2x CW/SW to SYD - if possible you may wish to see if you can swap flights at SIN, as the 11/12 LHR/SIN is CS, but obviously depends on availability etc
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer

(I get it something may be possible at a little bit higher cost, but is quite rare to find on the day you want. Also QR is not Q suites to SYD....)

Congrats on the 2x CW/SW to SYD - if possible you may wish to see if you can swap flights at SIN, as the 11/12 LHR/SIN is CS, but obviously depends on availability etc
The A380 is moving onto the route fairly soon so I don't think that's got CS? On BA11/12 that is. Presume 15/16 will remain CS?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
They keep promising the 380, but I have not seen it yet.

I be done seen about everything
When I see an BA 380 fly to SIN

(post COVID)
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer

Thanks. Happy to get any business class redemption flights to the Antipodes. Seems almost all the dates I am looking for are gone now which isnt surprising. The other option where you change to a different flight but still operated by BA somehow comes up with the 11/15 combi is 420K (peak) but only 340K (peak)with no stopover and the taxes are £200 more for the 2 flights combi. Obviously it would be nice to stretch my legs in Changi for a few hours before catching the BA15 onwards to SYD but not really worth it if you have to shell out so much more avios and taxes for that. Not sure why it costs more than the same service option.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:52 am

Not sure why it costs more than the same service option.
It'll be priced as two flights (hence two calculations of X thousand miles, one of which will be in the highest miles bracket with LHR-SIN) with a stopover but just one flight (in highest miles bracket) for LHR-SYD when sold that way.
If you book LHR-SIN-SYD with a stop or change of aircraft on revenue you get 2 X tier points each way whereas if you book as LHR -SYD it's just 1 X tier points, so the same idea.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by so3003
The A380 is moving onto the route fairly soon so I don't think that's got CS? On BA11/12 that is. Presume 15/16 will remain CS?
The 15/16 is CS from 30 Oct 23 till end of Mar 24 which is an upgrade. After that, its the 787-9 with the old CW seats. They are mentioning about the upgrades on their 787-9 and my flight is Jul next year - I wait with abated breath......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.