Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Transit down

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
T5 Transit down

9:30 this morning transit between 5 A,B and C not in operation. No diversion at main departure level in 5A, so forced down stairs at emergency exit at far end of platform. Okay for able bodied but not so good for the elderly and not so nimble.☹️
becks1 and ttama like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by zanderblue
9:30 this morning transit between 5 A,B and C not in operation. No diversion at main departure level in 5A, so forced down stairs at emergency exit at far end of platform. Okay for able bodied but not so good for the elderly and not so nimble.☹️
There's travelators and unlike MAN they actually move. I can see 5C being a bit far for some but T2 has no shuttle train and just walkways to T2B
SxMan and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by layz
There's travelators and unlike MAN they actually move. I can see 5C being a bit far for some but T2 has no shuttle train and just walkways to T2B
Ahem, afraid not, unfortunately the first one is not working……….

Worse than that, I can’t find Glayva in any of the duty free shops ☹️
ttama likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by zanderblue
Ahem, afraid not, unfortunately the first one is not working……….
Wow, so we're levelling down Heathrow to be more MAN
zanderblue likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Arrived last night at T5 remote stand and the escalator at the gate where the bus drops you off was not working, which was causing a bit of huffing and puffing. Not a great look.
ttama likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Arrived last night at T5 remote stand and the escalator at the gate where the bus drops you off was not working, which was causing a bit of huffing and puffing. Not a great look.
I think that has been broken more often then working anytime I’ve had to use it!

Pilot37
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Silver
Looks like there’s an issue on the Elizabeth line too, from Heathrow central to T4 they’ve mentioned that there is an electrical failure.
ttama likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The North side TTS is now working (left side as you arrive on the platform) but since it's less than 50% capacity it's best for T5B passengers to use the passageway (full guide for departing passengers in the BA Forum Dashboard).
zanderblue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.