Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
BA Holidays questions

I have a few questions re. BA Holidays that I can't find the answers to after a search.
1. There is a minimum of 5 days for a car rental or hotel per the T&Cs for double tier points. Are these mix and match? In other words, can I book two days rental car and three nights hotel? If it is only all one or the other, can I book these in chunks--in other words, two night hotel + three nights hotel? Or two days car + three days car?
2. What is the effective discount rate for a BA holiday? Trying to book everything separately, it looks like about 4300 Euro for the flight + 900 Euro for the hotels plus 50 Euro for the car vs. a total package price of 4900 Euro so a savings of about 350 Euro which is about 6.5%. Does that sounds about right?
3. How flexible are the individual elements of the bookings? Can I change dates of the components or is everything totally fixed? Am I in effect buying totally non-changeable, non-refundable everything?
Thanks for any insight more experienced members of the forum can provide.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
1. Car or Hotel [or both] but not Mix & Match!
2. Impenetrable question, depending on where/when. I've never noticed substantial saving over booking Flight and Hotel separately.
3. BAH can be very flexible - if you have a problem, call them.
eefor jfp and crazy8534 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
You mention prices in Euro. If you want the double TP offer you need to start from the UK (or Jersey) and therefore the ticket will be priced in pounds
T8191, johnaalex, Blenheim and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
I have a few questions re. BA Holidays that I can't find the answers to after a search.
1. There is a minimum of 5 days for a car rental or hotel per the T&Cs for double tier points. Are these mix and match? In other words, can I book two days rental car and three nights hotel? If it is only all one or the other, can I book these in chunks--in other words, two night hotel + three nights hotel? Or two days car + three days car?
2. What is the effective discount rate for a BA holiday? Trying to book everything separately, it looks like about 4300 Euro for the flight + 900 Euro for the hotels plus 50 Euro for the car vs. a total package price of 4900 Euro so a savings of about 350 Euro which is about 6.5%. Does that sounds about right?
3. How flexible are the individual elements of the bookings? Can I change dates of the components or is everything totally fixed? Am I in effect buying totally non-changeable, non-refundable everything?
Thanks for any insight more experienced members of the forum can provide.
For 3. It depends on the rules of your hotel/ package. Most are changeable for a fee plus the difference in price but some are non changeable.

Cancellation and refunds would depend on how much youve paid ie just deposit or more and how close to travel you are. However the rules for changes and cancellations are displayed when making a package.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by layz
You mention prices in Euro. If you want the double TP offer you need to start from the UK (or Jersey) and therefore the ticket will be priced in pounds
I can't find this restriction in the terms and conditions page and it's certainly possible to book a holiday from continental Europe. I apologize for doubting you, but are you sure this is true?

Originally Posted by Anonba
For 3. It depends on the rules of your hotel/ package. Most are changeable for a fee plus the difference in price but some are non changeable.

Cancellation and refunds would depend on how much youve paid ie just deposit or more and how close to travel you are. However the rules for changes and cancellations are displayed when making a package.
Where in the process is this displayed? I didn't see it when I was starting to book but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Are they listed for each component?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
In the very first few lines of the T&Cs

This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person who has a British Airways Executive Club membership and who books and travels on a Qualifying Booking (see definition below). British Airways Holidays reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

1. A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:

a) The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only.

b) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible.
Good idea to read the main thread on this here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-bookings.html the wiki and maybe last 2/3 pages
Blenheim and AJA_ like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
I can't find this restriction in the terms and conditions page and it's certainly possible to book a holiday from continental Europe. I apologize for doubting you, but are you sure this is true?
Yes it is, its a widely covered restriction.
Blenheim likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
In the very first few lines of the T&Cs...snip...
Thanks! I read it three times and missed it each time.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
What the OP can do [at some cost/risk] is position in the UK and book the Holiday from there separately. I think that works.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
2. Impenetrable question, depending on where/when. I've never noticed substantial saving over booking Flight and Hotel separately.
Hello, sorry to jump in on this thread, but how sure are you on point 1? The reason I ask is I booked with BAH a few hours ago with 3 nights car hire followed by 3 nights hotel and was told (after the agent checked "with the person who wrote the T's & C's" that it would qualify for the double tier points.

If there is any risk that it doesn't I want to call them back while I am still in the 24 hour cooling off period!
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Just as a data point I recently saved $500 by booking the Fairmont in Austin as a BAH as opposed to separate.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Tobes
Hello, sorry to jump in on this thread, but how sure are you on point 1? The reason I ask is I booked with BAH a few hours ago with 3 nights car hire followed by 3 nights hotel and was told (after the agent checked "with the person who wrote the T's & C's" that it would qualify for the double tier points.

If there is any risk that it doesn't I want to call them back while I am still in the 24 hour cooling off period!
Until i reaad your post i was in agreement with T8191 that to qualify for the double TP it was a case of either a flight + car OR a flight + hotel booking but not a combination of flight + car + hotel deal.

But reading the T&Cs it now specifically mentions flight + car + hotel. I don't remember seeing that before.

I am not sure what to advise because unless you booked on the phone I am not sure if BA Holidays bookings are subject to the 24 hour cancellation rule. I thought that only applied to flight only bookings.
Tobes likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
Until i reaad your post i was in agreement with T8191 that to qualify for the double TP it was a case of either a flight + car OR a flight + hotel booking but not a combination of flight + car + hotel deal.

But reading the T&Cs it now specifically mentions flight + car + hotel. I don't remember seeing that before.

I am not sure what to advise because unless you booked on the phone I am not sure if BA Holidays bookings are subject to the 24 hour cancellation rule. I thought that only applied to flight only bookings.
Thanks, I did book on the phone and the agent did mention being to cancel in 24 hours at the end when she ran through all the cancellation charges at various timescales.

If only there was something on a booking that should when the double tier points would be applied!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.