Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extension

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Status Extension

My first Gold card expires on 31 August, but my BAEC account shows my TP’s zeroed, but seemingly Gold until 8-7-24. Does this mean my status has been extended.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
This is what you would expect if you surpassed 1500 tier points prior to 8th July. You would see your tier points set back to zero and your membership extended although it should be extended until 31st August 2024 not 8-7-24.

What were your tier points at 8th July?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
This is what you would expect if you surpassed 1500 tier points prior to 8th July. You would see your tier points set back to zero and your membership extended although it should be extended until 31st August 2024 not 8-7-24.

What were your tier points at 8th July?
Good point. I’ll see if I can check, but I doubt that many!

They did tell me that I had taken my hundredth flight, but I doubt that would’ve made any difference.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by botham
Good point. I’ll see if I can check...
It should show as a TP debit in your account. What might be a bit harder to calculate is whether you secured 1125 before end-2022, which was the temporarily reduced threshold.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I’ll see if I can check, but I doubt that many!
Doesn't everybody know exactly how many tier points they have at all times
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
8th July 2024 will be your tier point collection year end, and that would be correct.

Underneath that on the app is the more important date - card expiry. If that still says 2023 then you won’t have been extended.
golfmad and AJA_ like this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
It should show as a TP debit in your account. What might be a bit harder to calculate is whether you secured 1125 before end-2022, which was the temporarily reduced threshold.
This year I ‘amassed’ 450!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Yes I did, as I was promoted for my first Gold experience. Last year I mostly took redemption flights.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
8th July 2024 will be your tier point collection year end, and that would be correct.

Underneath that on the app is the more important date - card expiry. If that still says 2023 then you won’t have been extended.
I think that’s more likely, BA have been very generous to me, post Covid.

Last edited by botham; Jul 17, 2023 at 10:48 am Reason: Correction
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
You will still be Gold until 31 August 2023 regardless. As @ThatT1Feeling says above what you need to see is the card expiry date change to 31 Aug 2024. Not sure you will see that happen until 1 Sep 2023.

Another thing to check is what it says on the app below the image of your Exec Club card regarding the number of TP to "Retain Gold". That said I think it still shows "Retain Gold" until 31 Aug 2023. If you haven't retained Gold it will change to Retain Silver on 1 Sep 2023.
botham likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJA_
You will still be Gold until 31 August 2023 regardless. As @ThatT1Feeling says above what you need to see is the card expiry date change to 31 Aug 2024. Not sure you will see that happen until 1 Sep 2023.

Another thing to check is what it says on the app below the image of your Exec Club card regarding the number of TP to "Retain Gold". That said I think it still shows "Retain Gold" until 31 Aug 2023. If you haven't retained Gold it will change to Retain Silver on 1 Sep 2023.
thanks, I was quite excited for about 10 minutes.

I’ll have to ensure I book any flights before 31st of August, to keep my seats in the front row? 😉
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
thanks, I was quite excited for about 10 minutes.

I’ll have to ensure I book any flights before 31st of August, to keep my seats in the front row? 😉
If you don't fly by 31st you may well get moved back down the plane.
zen100 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
You can normally check what your status is (or is going to be between TP years) fairly easily here: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...userType=agent (you do need to be logged in to see it)

It's a bit of a mishmash of different data but gives a fairly good historical perspective on the flights you took and the points earned.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I got enough Tier Points for Gold off the back of a BAH Double Points booking between my Tier Point Renewal Date at 09-Oct-22 and 30-Nov-22 when (after assorted Covid extensions) my previous Gold status was finally due to expire.

By my understanding, since the qualifying points (and 4 BA flight sectors) were earned in the current Collection Year this should mean that I have Gold until 30-Nov-24 however the App and the Website both show my Card Expiry as 30-Nov-23

Will BA's IT eventually add the extra Gold year that I believe i am due as it approaches and cycles through the upcoming TP Year anniversary or am I going to have to call up to have them fix this?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
...the App...
Can you see the "Retain Gold", "Progress to ...", etc section below the card image on the Account page? It should indicate where BA think you are so far this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.