Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long Haul Award Availability IT issue on Thursday Jul 6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum

It seems that only Premium Economy is available for long haul award bookings as of 2:30 pm GMT today. Short haul is working as normal but on a few random searches from now until June next year nothing other than PE shows for many US cities and other long haul destinations out east. Hopefully an IT glitch that will be fixed soon.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Similar was reported here earlier today.

I think it's either one of 2 things.

1) An IT glitch

2) Something is stirring with a Sale/Flash Sale and redemption availability has been temporarily withdrawn? (Maybe there is another reason but I can't think of one at the moment)

Atlanta Availability
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I posted this separately because the glitch appears to be impacting all World Traveller, Club World and F cabins for the entire open schedule, for all long haul destinations. It’s not just Atlanta in F that is impacted.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Yes but if you read that thread it's being reported that many other USA destinations are affected (as well as the entire open schedule your referring to)
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:19 am

Having the same problem flying from Houston
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Looks ok to me for 9 Dec to JFK? (Nothing in F, granted, but there hasn’t been for months)

Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:31 am
Original Poster

It started to slowly populate about 30 minutes ago. Seems back to normal with all classes showing as would be expected up to January 2024 and I can see each month being filled in sequentially now. At the current rate should be done in an hour or so and up be to date for June 2024 by then.
BJ787 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Furby
It started to slowly populate about 30 minutes ago. Seems back to normal with all classes showing as would be expected up to January 2024 and I can see each month being filled in sequentially now. At the current rate should be done in an hour or so and up be to date for June 2024 by then.
Mine still showing nothing. Do you know if prices/avios are staying the same?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

It seems to have populated through Feb 19th and has been stalled there for over an hour. I think it will populate the remaining dates at some point later today.

It’s hard to tell if Avios and taxes/fees are the same because they present so many different options now, no longer the old standard amounts but I see no reason why that would have changed. I thinks it’s just some kind of IT glitch that accidentally wiped long haul award availability.

I am sure you are aware that there is no guarantee for F awards, it is largely hit or miss, although they did seem to populate quite a few F awards on some routes a few weeks ago. Hopefully they will come back.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I did have a message earlier this afternoon that they were migrating stuff. Maybe they've finally splashed out on that 60s / 70s IBM computer someone mentioned in another thread?

I can log in but have no bookings and any reward searches fail.

AA keep going on about website problems, although things seem to be working there.
Possibly a hacking attempt again?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

It’s started populating again, now up to early April.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Interesting. I noticed the same last night when trying to book Iberia (via BA website) but just assumed they were sold out

Epilogue - still seems to have functional issues, some days fail to display any flights even though there was ample inventory on BA and IB. Something not right here

Last edited by Boraxo; Jul 6, 2023 at 3:03 pm
Old Jul 6, 2023, 4:39 pm

Mine finally showed back up and I booked two first class tix. However, when I booked the two first class, then all the first class tix and 2 of the business class tix for the flight disappeared! There had been 2 first and 4 business. I was needing to book 3 biz as well. So weird. Maybe it will be fixed tomorrow.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 4:56 pm

Loads of J award to SYD too....
Old Jul 6, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElizaB
Mine finally showed back up and I booked two first class tix. However, when I booked the two first class, then all the first class tix and 2 of the business class tix for the flight disappeared! There had been 2 first and 4 business. I was needing to book 3 biz as well. So weird. Maybe it will be fixed tomorrow.
I just booked a couple of award tickets as well and had the system glitch out when making payment stating the booking could not be completed due to some system error. However my credit card was charged and the booking appeared in my account a few minutes later, and I now have an email with ticket numbers. I guess the IT gremlins are still running loose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.