Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reasonable wait time for expenses to be refunded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry

Is there a general rule of thumb on what a acceptable time to wait on re imbursement is?

My good lady is approaching 6 weeks (I know there was a BA meltdown that week, which will have aknock on effect)

Any advice welcomed
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I don’t think this is reasonable, especially when it’s “fend for yourself and reclaim” however is it normal, is a different question
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Was a week for me last time. I'd call and chase.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Anywhere from a week to several months. After 8 weeks of submitting your claim take it to CEDR. That in itself will take a good amount of time but sometimes jolts BA into action, and if not CEDR will make sure it is addressed.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
In December my cancelled flight hotel stay and burger meal, was refunded within a week of sending in claim and receipts
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Anywhere from a week to several months. After 8 weeks of submitting your claim take it to CEDR. That in itself will take a good amount of time but sometimes jolts BA into action, and if not CEDR will make sure it is addressed.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:35 pm

I was caught in the meltdown. Submitted a full claim the next day. All paid about 10-14 days later.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
Is there a general rule of thumb on what a acceptable time to wait on re imbursement is?

My good lady is approaching 6 weeks (I know there was a BA meltdown that week, which will have a knock on effect)
I was caught in the chaos in July 2022 and my expenses took four months to come back.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 4:12 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
I would chase the claim with BA.
My daughter was on a cancelled flight just over a week ago with a change of airport and overnight delay . The compensation was approved 7 days after the claim was submitted.
The claim wasn’t huge as a uni student with limited funds, it was a boxpark for a meal, a friends sofa, transport and EC261.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.