Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Aer Lingus (On a BA flight number)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Flying Aer Lingus (On a BA flight number)

I had to make a change to a booking, and I'm flying GLA-BHD this weekend, flying on Aer Lingus, with a BA Flight number

My BA confirmation says I have a checked bag (BA Silver)

When I put the booking Ref into Aer Lingus, it shows as a saver fare, with no luggage? (It says I can only select seat at check in, which is fine, but the no bag is a concern)

Can anyone clarify which is correct?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a very frequent query on here but you have the BA allowance, and Aer Lingus staff are very much aware of that. Nothing extra for being Silver, so if it's just GLA-BHD it's 1 bag x 23 kgs. You can call up the night before to sort out a seat if you want (not sure if it applies on Emerald though). Your e-ticket is your contract.

This thread has some related material and there are many others in this forum:
BA and Aer Lingus bag allowance confusion
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is a very frequent query on here but you have the BA allowance, and Aer Lingus staff are very much aware of that. Nothing extra for being Silver, so if it's just GLA-BHD it's 1 bag x 23 kgs. You can call up the night before to sort out a seat if you want. Your e-ticket is your contract.
Thanks CWS, the seat doesn't bother me for such a short flight, it's more so the luggage was my concern (I'm way ahead of myself, If they dug their heels in at check in, and I had to pay, could I claim BA?)
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
Thanks CWS, the seat doesn't bother me for such a short flight, it's more so the luggage was my concern (I'm way ahead of myself, If they dug their heels in at check in, and I had to pay, could I claim BA?)
Yes, I mean you don't really have a choice anyway, short of abandoning your bag. I very much doubt there would be a problem with Aer Lingus, they get loads of BA tickets on their services. Occasionally there are problems in Nowheresville SC or somewhere obscure on the AA network where the agent has never heard of BritAir, and there's no point arguing, just pay up and BA will refund.
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Can I get a confirmation, I think I'm right from trawling through other threads.
I'm booking 4 x LGW-DUB flights on EI via BA.com

1) Our allowance should be 23kg checked and 10kg hand luggage
2) No fast track or priority boarding
3) As the sole status holder, only I can get into the BA lounge at LGW
4) Seat selection - I'm unsure - any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:14 pm

4) If you contact Aer Lingus with the Aer Lingus PNR (starts with a 2…..) they should be able to assign a seat for you. Only from a limited range of seats though, you won’t get a free choice but can ask for window or aisle etc. On the Emerald ATRs, they seem to favour middle rows, around rows 8, 9, 10. This is the only way I have ever managed to have a seat assigned on an EI flight on a BA ticket, I have never managed to do it on the EI or BA manage my booking (or apps).

I’ve found the easiest way to contact EI to do this is Whatsapp (+353 871 508 593), though they can take up to 2-3 days to reply.

I’ve also never had an issue checking in a 23kg bag, despite what the EI manage my booking might say.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nikko5
4) If you contact Aer Lingus with the Aer Lingus PNR (starts with a 2…..) they should be able to assign a seat for you. Only from a limited range of seats though, you won’t get a free choice but can ask for window or aisle etc. On the Emerald ATRs, they seem to favour middle rows, around rows 8, 9, 10. This is the only way I have ever managed to have a seat assigned on an EI flight on a BA ticket, I have never managed to do it on the EI or BA manage my booking (or apps).

I’ve found the easiest way to contact EI to do this is Whatsapp (+353 871 508 593), though they can take up to 2-3 days to reply.

I’ve also never had an issue checking in a 23kg bag, despite what the EI manage my booking might say.
thanks, do you know if I would be able to book seats for all 4 of us on the same booking?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:05 pm

I’ve only ever travelled solo on this type of booking, but I don’t see why not if it’s a single PNR. Please try and report back! If you ask, they should be able to give you a list of all seats which are available to BA ticket holders over Whatsapp, then you can choose from that list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.