Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LGW-UVF (Gatwick to St Lucia) and the add on shuttles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

There seems to be a fair bit of disruption to these flights at the mo ( according to FR24). I see todays shuttle from UVF-GEO (Georgetown) has just left UVF pretty much on time but the return to UVF has been delayed til tomorrow - hence the overnight UVF-LGW tonight turns in to a daytime flight tomorrow! Same thing happened yesterday, as in UVF-LGW has delayed arrival time of 2340 this evening. Don’t imagine it’ll be technical if the GEO-UVF is much delayed before the UVF-GEO flight has begun. Might it be crewing issues - so the LGW crew do both sectors to GEO then have to minimum rest before returning?

Last edited by EGLK FLYER; Jun 26, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This time of year I’d hazard a guess at weather being a possible cause
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This time of year I’d hazard a guess at weather being a possible cause
Hmmmm Maybe. Just seems odd to delay by 12 hours the GEO-UVF-LGW legs before a/c ever gets to GEO (in todays case, yesterday was GND )
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I thought that a different cabin and flight crew do the short hops? In which case it could be a crew issue too?
Saladman likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I thought that a different cabin and flight crew do the short hops? In which case it could be a crew issue too?
Yes, thats normally what happens which makes me think its a crewing issue. Makes no sense for a crew to just do a UVF-GEO then have to night stop so might be one crew doing both sectors from LGW this morning. Have a vested interest as wife is in UVF on her hols at the mo and returning this weekend. If shes delayed by 12 hours gives me more time to tidy the house!
SxMan and BA or bust like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by EGLK FLYER; Jun 26, 2023 at 4:14 pm
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:06 pm

UVF has had a runway lights failure so can only operate in daylight. As a result the BA2158 will nightstop in GEO and depart when daylight tomorrow morning.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbuslhr
UVF has had a runway lights failure so can only operate in daylight. As a result the BA2158 will nightstop in GEO and depart when daylight tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Weather has been pretty good this last week apart from Tropical Storm Bret towards the tail end of Thurs/Fri. I think that caused one inbound 2159 to be cancelled. I wonder if that then causes issues with the depositing of crew for ongoing legs...?
Old Jun 28, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Light failure

UVF are blaming storm Bret for the runway lights failure and are hoping to have them fixed by Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.