Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair TPs and Avios Posting to BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Finnair TPs and Avios Posting to BAEC

Did LHR-HEL-AGP-HEL-LHR with Finnair two weeks ago on two separate bookings through Finnair website (one LHR-HEL return the other HEL-AGP return) over a couple of days primarily to kick start my new membership year (currently Gold and definitely want to remain so!) with what should be 440 TPs. Keep checking my BAEC account but so far TPs remain stubbornly at zero. Should I be worrying yet or are Finnair often slow to credit? I did read a thread I think on here where someone said they nearly always have to log a missing TP/Avios request for Finnair flights and submit their boarding passes. My worry here is I used the Finnair app and all the boarding passes have now disappeared from it. Will be very annoyed if this fairly expensive trip does not yield the TPs I wanted from it. Did enjoy the flights though and the Platinum Wing at HEL. Thanks all.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
They are slowish, but not that slow. I have usually found they credit by day 5/6 at the latest. At two weeks I would be raising a claim, you should be ok without having to submit any bps.
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Great thank you.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold / oneworld Emerald
Seem to be quite a few people reporting issues with Finnair at the moment. I'm also waiting on TP/Avios from Finnair flights a couple of weeks ago. I put in a claim and then sent boarding passes through http://www.britishairways.com/ecsupportingdocs
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Interesting - it is the BP submission comment which worries me as I used App ones which have now disappeared from said App.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold / oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by HTflyer
Interesting - it is the BP submission comment which worries me as I used App ones which have now disappeared from said App.
I don't think it's always necessary but several other users have reported it helps address the issue of rejected claims. Example below: (The BP + eticket, I should have mentioned.)

Originally Posted by sunguy
Firstly, check what it says under "wheres my partner claim" on the website and make sure your claim actually exists and what status its in:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=191002

From the email you got when you submitted your partner claim - take a note of the subject and the date/time you recieved the confimation email that the request had been recieved.

Then go to the following link:http://www.britishairways.com/ecsupportingdocs

login with your Exec Club details, manually fill in all your details and select "Claim for Avios or Tier points - partner flights" as your "What is your reason for contacting us"

Enter in the details collected from the email you were sent confirming to them when the claim was sent through.

***THIS NEXT PART IS IMPERITIVE***

Upload a scanned copy of your boarding pass (or jpg pic of the electronic one) - also, if you have a copy of the original invoice which also confirms the booking class, etc, that would be good.

Agree to the ts&cs and Submit .... you should get a response within a week or so......if not, call BAEC for silver members.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I also had a delay in TPs/Avios from AY flights. I waited 8/9 days then submitted a claim, 7 days ago. I hope to get them soon.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Same here. Waited 7 business days after 2 AY flights.. no TPs nor Avios, so filled a retro claim.
Received email from BA that the claim has been passed on to AY for them to investigate and confirm
This has now been 2 weeks ago.. still waiting for the TPs and Avios.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by HTflyer
I don't suppose that you added the BP's to Apple or Google wallet? Expired passes seem to remain in the Apple wallet for some considerable time.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I’d say every other flight I have to claim and sometimes call BAEC after they still don’t post. It’s extremely irritating.

Also FWIW apparently can also claim for bus sectors by calling BAEC as it won’t do it automatically or through web claim.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YClass
I’d say every other flight I have to claim and sometimes call BAEC after they still don’t post. It’s extremely irritating.
That seems quite a lot if half your flights don’t post. Any common feature? A specific route or codeshares?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Our's posted about 10 days after travelling. We were in J lite and although the correct points credited, in my BAEC activity the class shows as Y.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve got a couple of AY flights missing from 29th May, filled in the online form on 6th June and still waiting. The route was LHR > HEL > BKK in J, on the way back I got rerouted via HKG with CX and the flights posted after a couple of days.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I just checked my last claim for AY, made in December 2022. It took 15 days to receive the points.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I'm in the opposite situation - and upcoming BA flight that I would like to credit to Finnair Plus. Have there been any issues recently with points posting in that direction?

Also, if my current booking has a BA/Avios number and I'd like to switch it to a Finnair one, can I do that myself or do I need to contact customer service by phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.