Search

Your account is temporarily unavailable

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver

We have locked your account temporarily to keep it safe and secure. For more information please refer to the email or letter you received from us.
Just tried to log onto my account and received the above, just as I need to make a redemption book which is likely to disappear by the time this is resolved 😭
Searching FT looks like I've been flagged for "unusual" activity. I suspect it's related to a booking I made yesterday with BA Companion voucher. I had to go it over the phone as it was an open jaw booking. For some weird reason, I didn't clock onto this at the time but the agent on the phone made my son (who's 11yo) Passenger 1, not me, so I wonder if I have been flagged because the system is not clever enough to realise I am on the booking as Passenger 2.

I just called BAEC in USA (as UK is now closed), they said all I can do is email [email protected], turnaround time is 7-10 days. 😞

Last edited by johnny5a; Jun 9, 2023 at 4:32 pm
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
It could be related to a large number of people that were also locked out of their account this week. Rumour has it there was some sort of brute force attack and BA took steps to protect the accounts.

Some people have managed to get their account unlocked by persisting over the phone. But most people I heard had the issue on Wednesday so it could be unrelated. Some received an email prior to it saying their account had been unlocked but not everyone.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
My account was fine yesterday and locked today. I didn’t do anything unusual, no flight purchases…
the message says I need to refer to an email for instructions, but no email has come.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sb1982
My account was fine yesterday and locked today. I didn’t do anything unusual, no flight purchases…
the message says I need to refer to an email for instructions, but no email has come.
yes that’s the same as other people had earlier in the week. Looks like a second wave.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Is there another thread about what happened earlier in the week? I haven't logged in for a week or two but am having this message now. I haven't had an email or a letter, and would like to book an award flight...
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:57 am

Me Too!

Can I start a movement?

Not had any flights with BA since february.

What happened to those on wednesday. Are they still locked?

How long for the email to arrive?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My wife got an email saying her account was UNLOCKED (having never been told it was locked) but it is locked.

As far as I know it was never locked until the email arrived saying it was unlocked.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I’m in this unlocking process. Request went in yesterday morning Uk time to GGL team. This morning nothing had happened and it was still in process and the agent wasn’t sure if the relevant team worked at weekends. So I wouldn’t hold my breath so any resolution into some time next week.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:39 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Raffles
My wife got an email saying her account was UNLOCKED (having never been told it was locked) but it is locked.

As far as I know it was never locked until the email arrived saying it was unlocked.
same as mine! And also as an aside the email, which was started with the lines we take your data protection very seriously had all sorts of personal data, account number, Avios balance etc on it totally unnecessarily which I found depressing and ironic.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
...Avios balance etc on it...
An Avios balance should be treated as sensitive / privileged data.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I am in the same boat, gurded my loins and called - pleasent but hopeless agent suggested she would send it to the back office and they will get back to me with 7 days.

I can book and call and they will add the FF number to the booking if I needed to but I can't book and award seats currently.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Same situation.

I had hoped it was just the usual, terrible BA IT and some weekend work, but it sounds like others have been locked this Saturday as well...
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
I’m locked out too…. Hopefully it doesn’t last too long and isn’t an “on business” type of issue
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: MUCCI
Even worse at the moment for me. I cannot get into any of my bookings and using PNRs etc to go to MMB does not work either..........
FD.
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Argh the same has happened to me - got a weird email saying the account was UNLOCKED out of the blue (and agree it is weird they included a tonne of irrelevant personal info in this one!) which I sort of ignored, until two days later I realised I could not log in as the account was saying LOCKED.

I've called BAEC and all the Gold line could do was pass a message on.

The problem is I have a flight on Tuesday with a 241 that I need to reschedule before Monday PM (24 hour rule - don't want to lose the voucher!) so this is all very stressful. I wasn't doing anything weird so I am assuming this is a mass block, rather than a specific audit.

Does anybody have any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.