Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Forcing a specific connection on BA website (or via phone agent?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

I'm trying to buy a trip from JFK to KEF -- there's one BA flight per day to KEF from LHR which leaves around 9am. To make things less tiring, both because I'd like to spend time in London between the flights and because I sleep better on a flight that leaves JFK later, I want to force a long but less than 24hr connection.

Google Flights prices this fine, but shows that it has to be bought through a travel agent.

So I went to BA's website and tried to price the same itinerary, but it won't show me the flights that leave JFK late enough that the same day connection to KEF in London is impossible. That's true even when I try to price the flights in multi-city manually by specifying leaving NYC on Tuesday night, for example, and flying to KEF on Thursday morning: it just shows me a list of the two day flights on Tuesday (BA and AA) and the BA/AA night flights which leave early enough to make a legal connection on the Wednesday morning flight LHR-KEF.

How do I ticket what I'd actually like for this itinerary?
Old May 31, 2023, 12:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so you can try fiddling with multi city to get it, but I suspect that may not work. Also sometimes using matrix and powertools will do it. But other than that you would have to call. If you do end up calling make sure they don’t charge you the offline service fee as the website clearly should be able to handle this if the new multi city page wasn’t so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.