Search

BA multi city trip.

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA multi city trip.

Hi
I‘m attempting to book a trip around the UK to obtain bronze status. My issue is that BA will not reconise any itinerary via Google Flights, It’s becoming impossible to book this. Second question is that if booking via a cheaper OTA would BAEC be accepted and or Tier points earned?
Sorry if it’s worded poorly.

Old May 28, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This is a defect wit my the new multi city tool. Best to find the itinerary with Google Flights and then call BA saying that the website is giving a silly error. That way you won’t be charged the booking fee.

If you book via an OTA then you will still get the Avios and TP as normal, just remember to add your BAEC number to the booking.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
This is a defect wit my the new multi city tool. Best to find the itinerary with Google Flights and then call BA saying that the website is giving a silly error. That way you won’t be charged the booking fee.

If you book via an OTA then you will still get the Avios and TP as normal, just remember to add your BAEC number to the booking.
Thanks for the reply i had a look at a few OTAs, there was no option to add my EC number. Would I have to use the BA MMB to add this info?
Old May 29, 2023, 12:14 am

You can call the OTA and ask them to add the number or after booking get the BA booking reference from them and add it yourself on the BA app or website.

Be careful in choosing an OTA as some are cheap but awful if you need to make changes or if things go wrong. If it’s only a little cheaper then it’s best to go with BA.
testycal likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So I think you are trying to book LCY-DUB-LCY/LHR-MAN-LHR? Is the price any different if you book it as two returns rather than one booking?

Personally I would call BA to book and not use a travel agent.
MaxFlyer and testycal like this.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
So I think you are trying to book LCY-DUB-LCY/LHR-MAN-LHR? Is the price any different if you book it as two returns rather than one booking?
In this case, purchasing a multi-city ticket might be cheaper rather than two one-ways since the OP is flying DUB-LCY/LHR-MAN within 24 hours, the APD for LHR-MAN wouldn't be due as he is originating from the Republic of Ireland for that portion of the trip.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just add the booking to your bookings on the BA website. For a discount OTA, you don't go near them once you have a PNR, because they're very unresponsive usually and don't really know what they're doing.

There are good OTAs and there are poor ones, but I still use them a lot for very cheap flights. OTAs have their uses, but if you can book online the main use is to provide a point of reference for a price promise guarantee claim. For a TP run I don't think I'd stray away from a direct BA booking because it's much easier to deal with BA (seriously) if things go wrong and the amount of money involved won't be insignificant.
testycal likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
In this case, purchasing a multi-city ticket might be cheaper rather than two one-ways since the OP is flying DUB-LCY/LHR-MAN within 24 hours, the APD for LHR-MAN wouldn't be due as he is originating from the Republic of Ireland for that portion of the trip.
I think for INT-DOM connections it is 6 hours, although if arriving from the international between 1700-2400 you get until 1000 the following day.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Personally I would call BA to book and not use a travel agent.
Yes it was around £200 more booking separately with BA then via an OTA with the example search.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Philsam123
Yes it was around £200 more booking separately with BA then via an OTA with the example search.
which would immediately set off alarm bells to me. which OTA? there is one which keeps showing up on google flights and is significantly cheaper who i wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:23 am
Original Poster

which would immediately set off alarm bells to me. which OTA? there is one which keeps showing up on google flights and is significantly cheaper who i wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
Thanks for your replies I might just do one return towards the points run if it’s cheaper, It’s annoying that the BA multi city is currently broken I’ve just seen the exact itinerary I’d want for £380, I did think about asking an actual travel shop like TUI if they can book such a trip for me.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Philsam123
Thanks for your replies I might just do one return towards the points run if it’s cheaper, It’s annoying that the BA multi city is currently broken I’ve just seen the exact itinerary I’d want for £380, I did think about asking an actual travel shop like TUI if they can book such a trip for me.
Playing briefly on ITA matrix with LCY-DUB-LCY/LHR-MAN-LHR, the proposed lowest fare has "SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS" in the rules which is potentially the answer to your question about why you cannot find it on BA.

Also the proposed pricing structure on ITA is Return + 2x One-Way. If I price it up as such on BA (i.e. three tickets) then I get within £100 of the ITA price.

But yes, it may also be worthwhile asking an old-school travel shop ... most likely quicker than hanging on the phone forever listening to BA's hold music too.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:56 am

How about booking with BA and claiming back the difference through the Price Guarantee Promise (or whatever it’s called now)?

I know that there are a lot of conditions to meet for a successful claim though.
Old May 29, 2023, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
ITA Matrix -> Powertools extension to BA.com -> BA.com
does work

Old May 29, 2023, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
ITA Matrix -> Powertools extension to BA.com -> BA.com
does work

Thanks for finding this, How do you find this tool with ITA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.