Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First CW row blocked... then wide open a week before departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

I was just checking my seat assignment on 777-300ER with Club Suites. Row 5 (in the mini cabin right behind F) was blocked for the longest time since I made my booking... then suddenly less than a week before departure all 4 seats became unoccupied and I was able to move to it.

Would anyone know if this is BA's standard protocol to block the row (if so for what purpose, there's no bassinet there), but release it closer to departure?

Or someone actually had booked those seats earlier but decided to change seats, or not fly?
Old May 26, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Hi Carrotjuice. Yes it is BA policy to block the front row of the cabin, these seats are reserved for Exec Club Gold and Gold Guest List members to select, however if no Gold or GGL has selected these seats they will be released for selection by other pax. I hope this clears up the mystery for you and that you enjoy the journey in Row 5.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Hi Carrotjuice. Yes it is BA policy to block the front row of the cabin, these seats are reserved for Exec Club Gold and Gold Guest List members to select, however if no Gold or GGL has selected these seats they will be released for selection by other pax. I hope this clears up the mystery for you and that you enjoy the journey in Row 5.
Hmmm... I'm GGL but haven't been able to select these seats online from the time of booking though... would it necessitate a call to do so?
Old May 26, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
I shouldn't require a call as long as you have your EC number in your booking, it should all be automatic, however if could have been the case that as you said yourself there might have been pax booked in these seats who have since cancelled or changed flights. If it happens next time it might be worth a call to check that your status is pulling through correctly.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
This is incorrect. There is no such policy in Club World.
Old May 27, 2023, 1:29 am

I'm Silver and I just booked a flight to JFK in Club for next Feb and was able to select a seat in row 5 there and back no issues.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I would have thought the most likely explanation is that a group had occupied those seats and has now changed the flight or cancelled. Did you ever get a chance to look at EF to see if they were actually occupied or just blocked? The forward cabin is very popular.
SxMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.