Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You’re not even safe from it in the Chelsea Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond

A couple sitting in the dining room area, listening to music on her phone with no headphones. I know this is almost normal now… but surely not in this environment?!
Old May 8, 2023, 4:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Vgravity
A couple sitting in the dining room area, listening to music on her phone with no headphones. I know this is almost normal now… but surely not in this environment?!
A quiet word with them should work or if you prefer not to have a direct interaction, mention it to one of the staff. Or move.

I once started watching a movie on a train with my headphones in but not connected to the audio output. I was glad that someone eventually told me. I felt like a right idiot.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
A quiet word with them should work or if you prefer not to have a direct interaction, mention it to one of the staff. Or move.

I once started watching a movie on a train with my headphones in but not connected to the audio output. I was glad that someone eventually told me. I felt like a right idiot.
Your first paragraph exactly. Why start a brand new thread on here whinging about it. If that’s the biggest problem in the OPs life right now then lucky them.
stevie, stifle, Adam1222 and 3 others like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by DXB2745
Your first paragraph exactly. Why start a brand new thread on here whinging about it. If that’s the biggest problem in the OPs life right now then lucky them.
Because people really need to be made aware again that it's something you shouldn't do. Domination of a public space by individuals is appaling manners.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Vgravity
Almost normal now, I have literally not had it happen once.
Old May 8, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I would like to have a short range electromagnetic pulse emitter capable of frying the offending electronics.
Old May 8, 2023, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E
Because people really need to be made aware again that it's something you shouldn't do. Domination of a public space by individuals is appaling manners.
And who is the OP making aware? Not the “perpetrator” seemingly. I‘m pretty sure most of us on this forum would agree it’s unacceptable and wouldn’t need telling
Adam1222, Red L, BSAChris and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
And who is the OP making aware? Not the “perpetrator” seemingly. I‘m pretty sure most of us on this forum would agree it’s unacceptable and wouldn’t need telling
If every time the OP should address the perpetrator this forum would not exist.My experience in the Chelsea lounge today, besides ok catering and LPGS, was four people screaming on their phone as they were holding simultaneous audio- and videoconferencing, two in English, one in Spanish and another one in italian in four different parts if the lounge. Maybe also owing to the acoustics, there was no corner safe of passive participation in such meetings. But i learned something about investing in healthcare companies…
BA or bust, becks1, SxMan and 4 others like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:50 pm

My instant reaction to the title was that perhaps a another (or the same) mouse appeared in the JFK lounge too.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I find these “if that’s your biggest problem” comments as inane as they are offensive. The OP is perfectly entitled to raise this entirely legitimate point. If you’re not interested in it, don’t read it and don’t comment on it.

Almost everything on this forum is a first world problem and we really don’t need the finger wagging brigade imposing their particular sensibilities on the rest of us.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you could apply it to every thread on this whole forum - along with the usual comments about “there are worse things going on in the world than your [insert complaint here]”
Old May 9, 2023, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
My instant reaction to the title was that perhaps a another (or the same) mouse appeared in the JFK lounge too.
🤣 Maybe said mouse now is GGL and doing the weekly transatlantic jaunt… 🤣
Old May 9, 2023, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jacksprat
🤣 Maybe said mouse now is GGL and doing the weekly transatlantic jaunt… 🤣
I suspect it would be sent to Greenwich by the lounge dragons still figuring out the entry criteria.
BA6501 and becks1 like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:57 am

Unfortunately this is the world we live in and no amount if naughty schoolkid tellings off will change that. Before mobiles etc these people will just have annoyed in some other way. An old psychiatrist friend once told me the majority have some sort of personality behaviour disorder and actually ‘normality’ is the minority.
LETTERBOY, becks1 and Grey Nomad like this.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you could apply it to every thread on this whole forum - along with the usual comments about “there are worse things going on in the world than your [insert complaint here]”
the "fallacy of relative privation", if you'd like its fancy name.
KARFA and MeltingAlf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.