Wiki Posts
Search

Broken Club Suite Database

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023 | 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Broken Club Suite Database

Hi thought it might be helpful to track somewhere experiences of broken club suites and the planes. Generally, it means its easier to avoid broken ones by not picking that seat, or changing it once you know the airline reg, knowing that maintenance is slow.

Im unable to make a wiki and not sure how invested I am tbh, but starting us off below:

777-200
10K - Main Side Storage Lid (G-VIIE 10/22)
11K - Unknown Break (G-YMMT 3/23)
13K - Unknown Break (G-YMMT 3/23)
14K - Door Stuck Open (G-YMMT 3/23)

777-300
6K - Rear Side Storage Lid (G-STBD 4/23)
10A - Main Side Storage Lid (G-STBM 5/23)
11A - Main Side Storage Lid (G-STBM 5/23), Both Storage Lids (G-STBP 5/23)
11E - Main Side Storage Lid (G-STBM 5/23)

787-10
-

350-1000
-

Last edited by nathanliu; May 7, 2023 at 3:17 pm
Old May 7, 2023 | 11:40 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
While a great idea in theory, you won't know which frame you're on until a few hours before when flying out of Heathrow. Slightly more practical for outstations where you'll know once it's assigned at LHR before the outbound.
1Aturnleft and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 7, 2023 | 1:28 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
If we all avoid those seats, how will we know when they are fixed?
We could end up with a very long list of broken seats that are actually working fine.
etiene, 1Aturnleft and HCCCrew like this.
Old May 7, 2023 | 2:24 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I had no storage lids for 11A when flying BA179 on 4th May (G-STBP), not the greatest inconvenience but a bit shabby
Old May 7, 2023 | 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Sorry but what is the point of this thread?
Old May 7, 2023 | 3:17 pm
40 Countries Visited1M40 Nights15 Years on Site

I agree. No way to keep this updated enough in real time to be of use. At what point is a seat broken enough to be considered blocked and given aircraft swaps can happen right up until the moment of departure any information collected would be pointless. Not to mention fixes when they happen.... who's going to update that information?
Old May 7, 2023 | 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I agree. No way to keep this updated enough in real time to be of use. At what point is a seat broken enough to be considered blocked and given aircraft swaps can happen right up until the moment of departure any information collected would be pointless. Not to mention fixes when they happen.... who's going to update that information?
If you were flying on a 777 anytime soon would you select 11A knowing this?
Old May 7, 2023 | 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Of course you would, do you know how many B777s there are?
Aircraft seats are fixed as soon as there is time and parts available.
jerry a. laska and gcuk like this.
Old May 7, 2023 | 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nathanliu
Aye....Service Recovery.
Old May 7, 2023 | 4:58 pm
40 Countries Visited1M40 Nights15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by nathanliu
It wouldn't phase me in the slightest knowing the storage lids are broken on 2 out or 16 Boeing 777-300's, no.

Even if it were on every single 11A on every aircraft in the BA fleet, it's not a fundamental enough issue for me personally to be worried about it.

The functioning mechanics of the seat being able to recline into and out of a fully flat bed would be far more important to me than a wonky or missing lid on the console so lets take that as an example for a second...

If 2 out of 16 11A's on the 777-300 fleet didn't recline I have no way in knowing at time of booking whether one of these specific aircraft are due to operate my flight. Assuming no seat fixes between today and the day I travel that's a 87.5% chance I'll get a seat that's fully functional. Still seems worth the gamble to me if I really wanted 11A.

If I'm unlucky enough to have my flight operated by 1 of the 2 rogue 777-300's with defective 11A seat issues then I know BA will block those seats in the days leading up to departure once the specific aircraft has been allocated to my flight and re-seat me somewhere else in the cabin where the seat isn't defective.

This isn't taking into consideration that those 2x 11A fixes won't be completed between now and the date when I actually fly in which case it's a moot subject. Nor does it take into consideration that 15D which I may choose to reseat myself to may suffer a malfunction of epic proportions and with 8/16 777-300's affected by the time I actually fly.

Nor does it take into consideration that in 3 months time my itinerary is subject to an aircraft swap where 11A no longer exists on the revised aircraft operating my flight and I'm moved anyway.

So many variables, no-way to keep up with broken seats or fixed seats easily, the extent to which a seat is deemed sufficiently broken (a missing storage door or defective CS door may be more important to one person than another).

This is all I'm saying.
It's a nice idea in theory but in reality I wouldn't really find it a useful wiki or be confident the information collected was an accurate representation of reality.
golfmad and TTmex like this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; May 7, 2023 at 5:21 pm
Old May 8, 2023 | 3:14 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sorry but what is the point of this thread?
I am afraid that some people just like lists, spreadsheets and the like.....thankfully I think life is too short ( although my better half keeps a list for when I go to the Supermarket or Mole Avon often putting things such as "something nice to eat" on it
Can I help you likes this.
Old May 8, 2023 | 4:11 am
50 Countries Visited2M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK GfL, BA Gold, TG *G, HH DIA, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
This thread is just nonsense - eventually, the majority of seats on the majority of planes in the fleet will be listed (I am not saying this will be tomorrow), and whenever things are fixed no report of it will be on here.

So, would I avoid seat X on aircraft type Y? Nope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.