Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays - Avios upgrade issue

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Holidays - Avios upgrade issue

Am trying to upgrade the BA leg of a 2 flight sector on a BA Holidays booking. I'm sure I've done this in the past, but having called the agent told me it's not possible as they can't upgrade a single leg of a flight booking with Avios and it would have to be a cash upgrade.

Is that correct, or should I call back later to have another go?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; May 5, 2023 at 3:36 am Reason: Avoid --> Avios
Old May 5, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by JimEddie
Am trying to upgrade the BA leg of a 2 flight sector on a BA Holidays booking. I'm sure I've done this in the past, but having called the agent told me it's not possible as they can't upgrade a single leg of a flight booking with Avios and it would have to be a cash upgrade.

Is that correct, or should I call back later to have another go?
That sounds a bit odd, BAH flights are certainly upgradable using avios but it would probably depend on the exact sector combination. For instance, if you are trying to upgrade a SH connection on BA which connects to a LH connection on another airline (e.g. AA) then that probably wouldn’t be possible.

P.S. Clicked on this thread as was intrigued why you would be trying to avoid an upgrade! Predictive text huh!
Cymro likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Damn - autocorrect! Yes, that should be Avios (any idea how to change the thread title?).

To answer the question, it's an AA flight connecting to a BA LH flight.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Damn - autocorrect! Yes, that should be Avios (any idea how to change the thread title?).
Self-report your post with info on how the title is wrong, and hopefully a friendly moderator will correct it soon.
Old May 5, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Unless things have changed recently, the agent is wrong. I've recently upgraded the return Trans Atlantic portion of a GLA - LGW - MCO from WT+ to J using Avios. The domestic legs remained in economy, and the out bound stayed at WT+. HUCA.
BA or bust likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci

To answer the question, it's an AA flight connecting to a BA LH flight.
If the BA sector is the LH one that has the upgrade availability then I can't see why that should be a problem.
HUACA I'd say for a start.
JimEddie and PETER01 like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 8:55 am
Original Poster

And of course trying again is the right solution. 2nd time round the agent couldn't have been more helpful.

Thanks all
PETER01 and Delboy65 like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Can anyone suggest how many Avios would be required to upgrade the return leg of a BAH booking in WT+ to J (from IAD to LHR)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.