Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rewardflightfinder is now not free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
rewardflightfinder is now not free

Looks like rewardflightfinder has put most of their checks behind a paywall. So the free membership can only search for economy and only 3 searches a day.

Are there any free alternatives? I need to search for First availability for this June to Singapore
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Given what BA charges them for the data, why would they give it you for free?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
The BA app reward flight finder will do that perfectly well for you since it's such a simple search!
becks1, SxMan, FamilyOf6 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
RewardFlight Finder steal their data from SeatSpy - who are the only good provider worth paying for.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/08/17/seatspy-avios-reward-flight-finder/

https://www.seatspy.com/post/8/seatspy-data-copied-by-other-sites

If you're looking for redemptions it's certainly worth paying SeatSpy's monthly fee.
becks1, NicholasMAN and aquanine like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TheEscapist
RewardFlight Finder steal their data from SeatSpy - who are the only good provider worth paying for.
I dispute that to be honest - I had a premium alert set up on SeatSpy that hadn't ever triggered, and one random afternoon I decided to check BA.com myself, and availability was there. I snapped up one of them, and about 5 hours later got the free alert from Reward Flight Finder. I never got an alert from SeatSpy at all. Don't waste your money on SeatSpy.

And checking the SeatSpy calendar, they were showing weeks with no availability when it was manifestly there on BA.com. Clearly they have structural problems with their data updates, but they don't admit this to their paying customers. If you want accurate availability, unfortunately the only surefire way is to repeatedly check BA.com.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good luck with that! Surprised you’re bothering to look when you’ve only ever had bad experiences with BA and you want the CEO fired!
SxMan likes this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Apr 24, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by Deltus
I dispute that to be honest - I had a premium alert set up on SeatSpy that hadn't ever triggered, and one random afternoon I decided to check BA.com myself, and availability was there. I snapped up one of them, and about 5 hours later got the free alert from Reward Flight Finder. I never got an alert from SeatSpy at all. Don't waste your money on SeatSpy.

And checking the SeatSpy calendar, they were showing weeks with no availability when it was manifestly there on BA.com. Clearly they have structural problems with their data updates, but they don't admit this to their paying customers. If you want accurate availability, unfortunately the only surefire way is to repeatedly check BA.com.
Don't know how long ago you gave up on it but Seatspy is working well now. They do have a problem with cellular SMS alerts to USA phone numbers which they do not acknowledge on their website but a support rep gave me a sob story of how they had limited texts available and it was expensive and not to expect it to work so I switched to WhatsApp and it works great. Email alerts always come through. You do you. I'll take SeatSpy.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The idea of paying for someone to search for Unicorns is beyond me. I’ll use BA’s facility to search for those unavailable seats.
IAN-UK, jonkx, acucobol and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:35 pm

I am happy to check for you on seat spy if you want
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Don't know how long ago you gave up on it but Seatspy is working well now.
The issue I reported above was just under 3 weeks ago. I've now cancelled my subscription, but good luck to those still using it!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:37 pm

The issue I reported above was just under 3 weeks ago. I've now cancelled my subscription, but good luck to those still using it!
which route exactly? they are usually quick to fix stuff...
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
which route exactly? they are usually quick to fix stuff...
HER-LGW. I did send them a message to ask them what had gone wrong and never got a reply.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA, AS
HER-LGW. I did send them a message to ask them what had gone wrong and never got a reply.
I have had problems with using the online web form to submit a support request and not getting an answer. Emailing their support directly did get an answer.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:53 pm

AwardNexus isn't free, but gives free points to use for Flyertalk members! Still a pretty good system.
skimthetrees likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Looks like rewardflightfinder has put most of their checks behind a paywall. So the free membership can only search for economy and only 3 searches a day.

Are there any free alternatives? I need to search for First availability for this June to Singapore
If you don't want the fun of daily manual searches, or find them taxing, three quid a month doesn't seem a particularly high price to pay in the world of first-class travel - you might even stretch to a fiver for the all singing version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.