Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Sorry, we have no flights available'

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

'Sorry, we have no flights available'

I know someone has posted about tis recently but I can't find the thread.

Trying to search LON-AVL with the thought of using BA, however there's a glitch in that I get the "Sorry, we have no flights available" when searching, even though one could fly LON-XXX-AVL , with XXX being one of about 5 or 4 options in the US, then continuing with AA.

I know I can manually put in the various stops, but that's a tedious way to search for just the simplest/cheapest option each way, on the one PNR.

What's the best way to search this?
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Google Flights might be an option? I find it very useful for complex itineraries but it should work for this just as well. It should then allow you to click-through to BA, AA etc. for ticketing.
becks1 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hopefully you are aware of this, but AVL is only 100 miles / 2 hours drive from CLT, which has several AA flights from LHR every day and they are BA codeshared. So it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't many codeshare options to AVL. There are connections via NYC and WAS on AA, as well as CLT, but they would be to LGA and DCA so not convenient for a London routing. Hence CLT-AVL is your most realistic option, with PHL and DFW as poorly timed alternatives.
veron689908 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
In similar vein, why is that I can book NTE-MAD perfectly easily with Avios on BA.com , but I cannot actually buy a ticket with money? There must be a good reason I’m sure.
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
In similar vein, why is that I can book NTE-MAD perfectly easily with Avios on BA.com , but I cannot actually buy a ticket with money? There must be a good reason I’m sure.
Because BA does not fly between NTE and MAD, whereas BAEC offers redemptions on all sorts of airlines. Not sure how it relates to the thread though.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hopefully you are aware of this, but AVL is only 100 miles / 2 hours drive from CLT, which has several AA flights from LHR every day and they are BA codeshared. So it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't many codeshare options to AVL. There are connections via NYC and WAS on AA, as well as CLT, but they would be to LGA and DCA so not convenient for a London routing. Hence CLT-AVL is your most realistic option, with PHL and DFW as poorly timed alternatives.
Yes, CLT is a possibility. We are also looking at alternatives as Mrs PAL62V (who is making the trip) will need to do a final domestic in to AVL for a variety of reasons. We have flown there many times but having a look at making the long leg on BA metal for reasons I won't bore people with!

Just cannot understand why the flight planner on the website won't show any options using BA/AA if I simply tell it I want to fly LON - AVL? I have to tell it the routing and then it comes back with that option. Crazy.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Just cannot understand why the flight planner on the website won't show any options using BA/AA if I simply tell it I want to fly LON - AVL? I have to tell it the routing and then it comes back with that option. Crazy.
The core answer is that the main way in involves CLT to AVL. And there are zero codeshares on that route. If BA and AA were to agree a codeshare then it would show up, but in the absence of that it looks like a place that BA doesn't serve. AA's website does show the options, since their code goes all the way through.
LCSinTexas and PAL62V like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:00 am
Original Poster

The core answer is that the main way in involves CLT to AVL. And there are zero codeshares on that route. If BA and AA were to agree a codeshare then it would show up, but in the absence of that it looks like a place that BA doesn't serve. AA's website does show the options, since their code goes all the way through.
Yes, AA was my next stop. Thanks, that does start to make sense.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Because BA does not fly between NTE and MAD, whereas BAEC offers redemptions on all sorts of airlines. Not sure how it relates to the thread though.
I see. Thank you for that. The thread inspired the question , and now I know the answer. I suppose it was that the OP wanted to fly to AVL and couldn’t book it.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
While you’re talking about AVL I recommend you add in a stop at BNA to be able to visit two rhyming places on the same PNR…

Would LHR-BNA-CLT-AVL work? All AA operated except the first leg which could be on BA.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0

LHR-BNA-CLT-AVL
sounds like a song
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by PAL62V
sounds like a song
Sounds like terrible recommended routing

Why not fly Non Stop to CLT and drive the 1h 50mins, and if you don't want to drive use UBER. Much better than a 2+ hour connection in CLT, with awful clubs, no decent food and no showers. Plus a regional jet flight with a very high cancellation rate.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Sounds like terrible recommended routing
It was a joke, based on the suggestion of traveling to Nashville as well as Asheville
PAL62V likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

AA.com has become our friend. CLT as a stopover both ways, which she has done before and hopefully no CXs on the short hops!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.