Wiki Posts
Search

SCL Diversion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
SCL Diversion

Santiago is having a few issues with birds at the moment, resulting in lots of diversions to Mendoza. Depending on the airline this seems to be a quick stop for a bit of refueling and then trying again or an unexpected day in Argentinian wine country. Would assume the decision is mostly down to crew hours.

The BA251 made it in ok this morning, though with some odd turns on final approach. But I was wondering what BA would do if a diversion to MDZ would be required?
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
The first BA251 loop seems to be a hold pattern, the second loop looks like it was to lose altitude.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by CKBA
The first BA251 loop seems to be a hold pattern, the second loop looks like it was to lose altitude.
Other flights coming in at this time (IB and DL) diverted to MDZ after attempting to land.

The bird situation in Santiago is real and it was probably the reason why BA251 had to hold.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/...santiago.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.