Wiki Posts
Search

Tampa Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2023, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Tampa Lounge

Can I take a guest into the American Airlines lounge at Tampa? (Silver status flying in J, guest, no status flying in Econ)

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2023, 3:55 am

Yes you can. Even if you were flying economy you would have been able to take your guest in. The BA Silver is what is giving you guest entitlement as opposed to your class of travel.

For future reference, I recommend a quick read through of the oneworld lounge access policy.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:49 am

As a thrifty Scotsman I feel I need to let you know that you will have to pay for the majority of food and drink in the Tampa lounge. There was one free gin, the same with lager. There was some free buffet food, but it didn’t look particularly appetising. Food ordered of the menu had to be paid for. I haven’t experienced this before.

We decided to get burger and chips from the food mall down stairs and bring it back to the lounge. Good move as the flight was delayed and the onboard food wasn’t served until 10.00 pm.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by yorki
As a thrifty Scotsman I feel I need to let you know that you will have to pay for the majority of food and drink in the Tampa lounge. There was one free gin, the same with lager. There was some free buffet food, but it didn’t look particularly appetising. Food ordered of the menu had to be paid for. I haven’t experienced this before.

We decided to get burger and chips from the food mall down stairs and bring it back to the lounge. Good move as the flight was delayed and the onboard food wasn’t served until 10.00 pm.
Its worth noting that Admirals Clubs (American Airlines lounges) which are increasingly being used by BA rather than their own or contracted lounges in the USA, are different to most other lounges we are used to in Europe and worldwide.
Basic drinks are available for free (well drinks in American terms), that is house red and white wine, draft beer, gin, vodka, bourbon , sodas etc. Premium drinks are available but are chargeable.
There are snacks available for free (crisps, peanuts, candy, cubes of cheese, nachos etc) and sometimes soup, avocado toast or hot dogs or similar as well.
More substantial food (sandwiches, burgers etc) are available to order and have to be paid for.
There shouldn't be a limit on the number/quanitity of the free items (within reason).
Tipping of the bar staff is generally expected.
BA used to arrange vouchers for premium drink and food for BA passengers - but no longer.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:48 am

The chocolate chip cookies just on the right as you enter the lounge aren't bad. Free flowing soft drinks at the tended bar without obligation to tip the bar tender. Theres also outside smoking area just beyond Starbucks as you walk up to the BA gate of you're so inclined. While.the lounge wasnt QF First or CX Pier quality, it did the job pre flight. TPA as an airport I found to be a breath of fresh air compared to other US Airports. Just worked well from a passenger perspective.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 6:46 am

I can also recommend the (free) chocolate brownies, took a few with me on the flight in case I got hungry. 😋
Old Apr 9, 2023, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yorki

Yes I experienced similar in the new Terminal C Plaza Premium lounge at MCO in January.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
Can I take a guest into the American Airlines lounge at Tampa? (Silver status flying in J, guest, no status flying in Econ)

Thanks
Note that the lounge is quite small. There isn't really much of a buffet -- no hot foods other than soups, and minimal cold as well. But you get an expansive view so it doesn't feel so small.
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.