Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA2832 LGW-DBV diverted to Bari (weather) 03 Apr 23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

As per title, BA2832 today has diverted to BRI, apparently due to weather (though EF still showing ZO rather than ZW). Someone I know is on the flight and has contacted me for advice. The return BA2833 DBV-LGW today already showing cancelled due to weather, so I guess it won’t go on to DBV, at least not today. Apparently info on the ground at BRI is thin (fairly unsurprisingly). I’m travelling myself, so may not have fully up to date info via his sporadic texts.

As rebooking options BRI-DBV will be highly problematic, if the flight returns to LGW after whatever delay in BRI, will pax have the right to rebooking to get to DBV, if they choose? Naturally availability during Easter school holidays might be problematic unless BA is willing to rebook to non-partners, and maybe still tough even then.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:05 am

Each scenario is different. In my observation when there is no easy option to provide alternative transport to the destination then they'd aim to complete the flight, if needs be they'd try to find hotels for everyone and do it tomorrow. At least Bari is a BA station so they have a contract with a handling agent in place. I don't think they'd bring everyone back to London - that only happens when they've diverted somewhere they couldn't accomodate people (e.g. when they can't get into Funchal for example)

The return being cancelled usually just seems to mean they've got enough feasible options to get everyone home another way vs delaying that flight for an indeterminable amount of time. They can then position the aircraft back when convenient without worrying about arranging passenger handling.
Oaxaca and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:08 am

Actually there has been some curious movement on this ! The diverted A321 apparently is operating the scheduled BRI-LGW flight 4.5 hours late and the LGW-BRI aircraft is positioning back as A09751 after having sat there since this morning. So where the LGW-DBV passengers are I'd be interested to know (rebooked onto the BRI-LGW flight if it was relatively empty?). Weirdly convenient that an aircraft ended up on the ground if they did happen to have one stuck there!

It did actually happen to my sister after a divert that they couldn't continue that the aircraft went back to London and a fresh aircraft came out of London in the morning to pick them up. Amusingly recatered with the same full band 3/4 meal that the crew managed to get out for them on the very short continuation flight
Oaxaca likes this.

Last edited by sammyg901; Apr 3, 2023 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Well interesting diversion by BA. I can see the plane is coming back to London. So today there are two BRI-LGW.
I’m not sure if they bringing back passengers or not.
generally BA would require to take your friend to DBV and not to BRI. There are very few and terrible options exist between those two cities. First your friend needs to discuss there what is on offer so how soon BA can take him/her to DBV.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. Not sure if they are on way back to London or not. Agree best option is being taken onwards to DBV by BA on another aircraft (probably tomorrow), was mainly wondering on options / rights for getting to DBV if they have returned to London.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Update - they are being flown BRI-DBV tomorrow afternoon. He didn’t specify, but assume BA is sending another aircraft from London tomorrow to do this.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Krisz
There are very few and terrible options exist between those two cities.
Unless you want to do a Lufthansa or Star Alliance segment run over the course of about 20 hours, or would enjoy three different plane types and two different airlines!

Bari to Dubrovnik

6:10pm - 2:45pm (20h 35m, 2 stops)6:10pm through 2:45pm (20h 35m, 2 stops)

Multiple airlines • Tue, Apr 4
Hide details of multipleAirlines 6:10pm flight on Tuesday, 4th Apr 2023 and 2 more flightsHide detailsDeparture
6:10pm - Bari6:10pm from BariKarol Wojtyla (BRI)

1h 40m flight
Lufthansa 9471 operated by Air Dolomiti
Embraer 195
Economy/Coach (U)Arrival
7:50pm - Munich7:50pm to MunichFranz Josef Strauss Intl. (MUC)

Layover: 1h 25m in MunichDeparture
9:15pm - Munich9:15pm from MunichFranz Josef Strauss Intl. (MUC)

1h 5m flight
Lufthansa 5998 operated by Croatia Airlines
Dehavilland DHC-8 400
Economy/Coach (U)Arrival
10:20pm - Zagreb10:20pm to ZagrebZagreb Airport (ZAG)

Layover: 15h 30m in ZagrebDeparture
1:50pm - Zagreb1:50pm from ZagrebZagreb Airport (ZAG)

55m flight
Croatia Airlines 660
Airbus A320
Economy/Coach (H)Arrival
2:45pm - Dubrovnik2:45pm to DubrovnikDubrovnik Airport (DBV)
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:25 pm

Or another alternative, if you’re willing to wait till Wednesday:

Easyjet fly twice a week (Weds and Sat) NAP-DBV. Naples is about a 2h45min drive from Bari airport.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0
Or another alternative, if you’re willing to wait till Wednesday:

Easyjet fly twice a week (Weds and Sat) NAP-DBV. Naples is about a 2h45min drive from Bari airport.
Thanks, but as I posted earlier, BA is sending another aircraft tomorrow to take them from BRI-DBV (weather permitting).
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
DBV, whilst not as bad as FNC, is nevertheless a tricky landing, being on an exposed, windswept plateau, close to sea, cliffs and mountains.

Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Isn't there a direct Ferry between the rwo ports?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Isn't there a direct Ferry between the rwo ports?
Looks like it’s seasonal:

https://www.croatiaferries.com/bari-dubrovnik-ferry.htm
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Thanks, but as I posted earlier, BA is sending another aircraft tomorrow to take them from BRI-DBV (weather permitting).
So when something like this happens do passengers earn miles and tier points for LGW-BRI and BRI-DBV? Or does the first fight post as if it had actually flown LGW-DBV as scheduled? Or do you get two whole LGW-DBV segments posted?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:06 am

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-euxm looks like positioning out, operating over and then an extra segment back to Gatwick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.