Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The trouble with the A380 lately

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
So you are prepared to recommend the OP to buy (expensive) VS tickets on his own and hope BA will reimburse the costs afterwards? And if BA refuses, then what?
Personally that’s what I would have done. The OP was consistently speaking with the Indian call centre who are beyond incompetent. I have no doubt that had he spoken with someone in the UK (and here is an advantage of always booking a BAH especially if you don’t have access to the GGL line, even if that only involves one day car hire for £30) then he would have been rebooked on the VS service without quibble.
jonr405 and flarmip like this.
Old May 19, 2024, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA 11 scheduled over 2hrs late this evening so far

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW11
Old May 19, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
…nor is it even rumoured that tools have been found rattling around inside…
Mais non…

(Although that was to do with the world’s safest airline rather than the manufacturer)
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 11:45 pm

I see BA11 from last night was over 2 hours late departing
The previous evening turned out to be over 4 hours
in that Scenario if you turn up at the gate on time can you walk back to the B gate lounge ?
I'm flying F on it thursday but not sure if going back to the concorde room would be too risky ? Would the concorde room team be kept up to date on delays like that and be able to tell you to hold off going to a distant C gate ?
i'm not sure I'd rely on the screen information
Old May 20, 2024, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
in that Scenario if you turn up at the gate on time can you walk back to the B gate lounge ?
I'm flying F on it thursday but not sure if going back to the concorde room would be too risky ? Would the concorde room team be kept up to date on delays like that and be able to tell you to hold off going to a distant C gate ?
Is it not easier to track the scheduled aircraft on the day? Flightradar24 should show which aircraft is scheduled on the BA11 tomorrow morning UK
time - and keep checking in case it changes! Also, BA11 is performing quite well with only 2 delayed departures in the last week.

Thax1 likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Door5L
Is it not easier to track the scheduled aircraft on the day? Flightradar24 should show which aircraft is scheduled on the BA11 tomorrow morning UK
time - and keep checking in case it changes! Also, BA11 is performing quite well with only 2 delayed departures in the last week.

Thanks
2 significant delays back to back though !
Old May 21, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I see G-XLED had an eventful timed departure to JNB yesterday (or was that day before?..sarcasm). Almost a 19hour delay for BA57 with a 21.25 scheduled departure on 19th to leaving at 16:18 on 20th. Arrived JNB at 03.28 on 21st. So what should then have been a 19.20 departure on BA56 on 20th May turned into a 06:15 departure on 21st May, arriving back to LHR at 15.59 today...Now on the BA11 to SIN leaving on time
Old May 21, 2024, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
On a flight from T5C last year there was a series of delays as they worked on the fuel system for a total of about 7 hours. Four times they got enthusiastic enough to call people to the gate and even started to process people a couple of times. I walked about 16,000 steps between the Sofitel and boarding with trips back to the T5B lounge.
Old May 21, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, BA Gold Guest List, AA MM, Delta Silver
Boston cancelled today. Really happy I booked on the AA flight.

Last edited by golfmad; Jun 2, 2024 at 2:45 pm Reason: Edited out some colourful language
Old May 22, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
BA11 to SIN tonight currently flagged at two and a half hours late.
Old May 30, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Tonight’s JNB to LHR has been cancelled - brake issues with G-XLEB, passengers stranded overnight. Currently looking at arriving back to London tomorrow at 2200 (17hrs late)
Old May 31, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
does the A380 suffer from a lack of engineering expertise (and parts) at certain destinations where it is an uncommon visitor ?
Old May 31, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
If departure is scheduled to be delayed , then this will be shown on the screens.
Yes, the desk in the Concorde lounge have information on delays. If a delay is indicated, I always check at the desk at the normal lounge leaving time to get their advice.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Saw XLEJ doing laps of LHR today, seems it finally got away to LAX

https://airlive.net/news/2024/06/02/...ttempts/?amp=1
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
If departure is scheduled to be delayed , then this will be shown on the screens.
Yes, the desk in the Concorde lounge have information on delays. If a delay is indicated, I always check at the desk at the normal lounge leaving time to get their advice.
As it turned out,the flight left on time and arrived in SIN about 15 mins early
A full flight so after group zero,they boarded by seat number doing rows 1 to 4 first by passing a huge group 1 to 3 queue
Altogether very pleasantly done
crazy8534 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.