Wiki Posts
Search

LAS - LHR Never a upgrade available???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
LAS - LHR Never a upgrade available???

I have a flight in December to Las Vegas and have been monitoring to see if it's possible to up grade. There are very few LHR-LAS but never LAS-LHR are there routes that never release seats?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSwede
I have a flight in December to Las Vegas and have been monitoring to see if it's possible to up grade. There are very few LHR-LAS but never LAS-LHR are there routes that never release seats?
Hi,

IIRC 4 CW seats are released on every flight at T-355 and vegas is a popular route . More seats may be released closer in so I would keep checking

There was a thread here on FT that mentioned that FT'ers were finding availability outbound ie LHR-XXX ( XXX being a US destination) but limited/no availability inbound XXX-LHR

Regards

TBS
RJD1983 and CaliforniaSwede like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 6:52 am

4 seats in business open for points 355 days in advance. There is only one flight per day. Those first 4 seats go quickly. Other seats will open later as demand dictates so upgrades are tough to come by.
CaliforniaSwede likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze :(
I went out with a friend last year with inadequate planning (booked in Feb for July) so had no choice but to pay an extortionate amount of money in WT. As we got much closer to the date (Mid June) a couple of seats opened up and we were able to upgrade to WTP on the way out and CW on the way back for cash plus Avios. As others have said it is a busy route at the moment and is commanding a premium and still a full flight most of the time from what I've seen.

Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
If you're looking to use just Avios for a booking and can commit 11 - 12 months in advance then you should be able to secure seats. However, if you're looking to upgrade using Avios then you may end up paying more for the WT+ cash fare than you would by waiting until closer to the travel date - but by then there may be no Avios seats available for an upgrade. The other option is to wait until there is a decently priced sale (or look at ex-EU if that's your thing). However, Las Vegas is a popular route (in spite of other people disparaging the place) and the flights are busy!
PETER01 and CaliforniaSwede like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
wifey and I booked redemption seats long time ago for our flight in Sep, massive busy route and hugely profitable, need to get in early on these flights
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:23 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Sign up for alerts in seatspy.com Seats will pop up over the coming months. I've got them for June and 3 dates popped up as newly available in the last couple of days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.