USA covid form taking ages to verify

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
USA covid form taking ages to verify

Hi all

Sorry if this should go in destinations, mods please move if so

Uploaded NHS covid pass yesterday as a new requirement for USA flights apparently, got a reference number but over 24 hrs it still hasn't been approved so can't check in online for tomorrow's flight. Is this normal and we have to get the doc confirmed at the airport or will it happen soon
CheersA slightly panicking TT
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it's normal, it's a rare week in this forum when this doesn't come up in some form or another. There are threads about it, and how to mitigate against this risk. I won't repeat it all here, but just try again in a few hours, if not the check-in desk will be able to handle this in seconds. So not worth worrying about.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Hi all

Sorry if this should go in destinations, mods please move if so

Uploaded NHS covid pass yesterday as a new requirement for USA flights apparently, got a reference number but over 24 hrs it still hasn't been approved so can't check in online for tomorrow's flight. Is this normal and we have to get the doc confirmed at the airport or will it happen soon
CheersA slightly panicking TT
Happened to me. Even though mine had uploaded and been checked and authorised. I rang you first they just said go get them checked at the airport. They can check docs at the airport if needed. Although mine said to be verified at the airport they didnt ask for them. Just arrive a few minutes earlier if needed. A lot is down to BA's inept IT systems
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Many thanks CWS for your prompt and helpful reply.

TT
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I gave up with this quite a while ago and now just wait until the airport. KLMs online Covid document checking system works well, but BAs is very poor.

Dont worry about being denied boarding because you couldnt upload it online. The only real problem is for those who dont have status, didnt want to pay for seat selection and were relying upon doing so for free at OLCI (although maybe its possible through Manage my Booking without checking in? Not sure).
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
My last one was verified in no time at all, but I was still unable to do OLCI, as the system said they had not been verified.

Even the CCR team could not see what the issue was, but managed to issue me the boarding passes
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
100% successful during Covid.
100% failure rate after Covid even with all the advice on these forums.

I'm not bothering in future and will just pop to a desk. Last time did this, didn't show anything.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Can this information be checked at a desk outside the UK? Starting an ex-BUD US trip next week and would rather not be faffing with covid documents at LHR given short connection times
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Can this information be checked at a desk outside the UK? Starting an ex-BUD US trip next week and would rather not be faffing with covid documents at LHR given short connection times
Yes, absolutely.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Although it was 3 months ago I was staggered how quickly BA accepted my uploaded vaccine data. Hopefully the USA will remove the requirement from 10 April.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:40 pm

Is this a new requirement> I haven't been asked to show proof on my booking (that i can see)
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:40 pm

I fly in May (just noticed the comment re it ends in April)
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gadgetman
Is this a new requirement> I haven't been asked to show proof on my booking (that i can see)
You wont be asked until OLCI. In theory, the document check should unlock OLCI, but often it just doesnt work and you have to check in at the airport.

As for the requirement expiring in April - we can hope, but the US Governments reflex seems to be to extend it every time its about to lapse (much like both Trump and Biden did with the travel ban before finally dropping it).
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Last week it took about 26 hours to verify mine. All of them before have been much quicker.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
If it doesn't come up until OLCI (T-24h), how can it take 26 hours to verify?

After some months, I finally found a way to use a soon-to-expire 2-4-1 BA Amex voucher today, on this occasion it's for a return flight in F LHR-IAD on Friday. I have the documentation to hand in PDF format (and QR code & URL), but can't for the life of me figure out where I should submit it in MMB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.