Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA2742 cancelled. Group of 4 rebooked onto 4 different flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

BA2742 tomorrow (Gatwick > Geneva) has been cancelled. My son and 3 friends have all been rebooked onto 4 different flights tomorrow! They are hiring a car on arrival so not great that they are now all on different flights arriving at different times. All Avios bookings on 3 possibly 4 separate bookings. They are all arriving more than 3 hours late. Any thoughts on compensation, does EU261 apply?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The likelihood of comp depends on the reason for the cancellation. What was the reason?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
The likelihood of comp depends on the reason for the cancellation. What was the reason?
Not sure of the reason. Hoping someone on here can find out as I have seen done before.

They have managed to change their flights so they are all now on the same flight but still arriving about 5 hours later than originally scheduled!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
That's a possibility on different PNRs I suppose. If they had been on the same PNR that never would have happened (except perhaps in a case with extremely limited seats available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.