Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Booking not working

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Avios Booking not working

Is anyone else have problems making an Avios booking.
It’s a simple GLA-LHR return and there are seats, as per seatspy.
Everytime I try to search to book I am getting “error”.
I’ve used different devices and browsers and the same problem.
Is the site just not working?
Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just checked on iPad and it’s working fine

Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:36 am
mun

Programs: british airways virgin
I have read on other forums that it is the payment page that is not working.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:08 am

I'm also having an issue with this, trying to book a LON-EDI trip. I can see (on Seatspy and BA's own 'reward flight finder' tool) availability for the dates I want, but when I click on the 'get flights' button from the standard search, or choose the dates on the availability calendar and press continue, I get the "sorry there was a problem with your request" message. It's the same on a PC or iPhone and I've tried this several times over the last few days. Other dates seem to work OK so I don't really understand what's causing the problem. Any clues?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

It’s still not working properly.
useless BA IT just gives “error” all the time trying to search for availability.
Im seeing this with my account, my wife’s account and now my sister in laws is seeing it.
Utter crap.

Originally Posted by volar
I'm also having an issue with this, trying to book a LON-EDI trip. I can see (on Seatspy and BA's own 'reward flight finder' tool) availability for the dates I want, but when I click on the 'get flights' button from the standard search, or choose the dates on the availability calendar and press continue, I get the "sorry there was a problem with your request" message. It's the same on a PC or iPhone and I've tried this several times over the last few days. Other dates seem to work OK so I don't really understand what's causing the problem. Any clues?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Bophopper
It’s still not working properly.
useless BA IT just gives “error” all the time trying to search for availability.
Im seeing this with my account, my wife’s account and now my sister in laws is seeing it.
Utter crap.
I have noticed the same problem today booing EDI-LHR return. I seem to remember that the problem lies with returns being booked from non London origins, eg GLA-LHR, but the reverse trip LHR-GLA works okay.
However, there is a workaround - try booking as two one way journeys. Seemed to work for me today for EDI-LHR
Unless you're using an upgrade certificate or 2-4-1 certificate in which case you may need to phone. But you can at least use the workaround to check for availability. BA 'should' waive the booking charge as it's their technical glitch.

Last edited by colin_thames; Apr 19, 2023 at 4:16 am Reason: Additional thought
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The one way solution does not work for me. When I select LHR to BHD for 27th (or 28th) Aug I get :
  • There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
It is related to the date - because when I select 26th Aug it works fine and the bar at the top says flights are available on the 27th or 28th, but if I click on them I get.....

Error

Old Apr 19, 2023, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by whisper2
The one way solution does not work for me. When I select LHR to BHD for 27th (or 28th) Aug I get :
It is related to the date - because when I select 26th Aug it works fine and the bar at the top says flights are available on the 27th or 28th, but if I click on them I get.....

Error

It doesn’t work for me as one-ways either. I’m mostly finding this problem on domestic flights and only particular dates (other routes on those dates seem fine). No idea how to solve this except to call up.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:30 am

Are you booking using the sidebar or the centre of the page? This seems to make a difference for me. If you click on your account name at the top right, the left hand side bar search seems to work for me. But if you click on the top menu Book > Book a flight with Avios, this gives a different search page which throws up the search error.

This menu worked:

This menu didn't work:

Last edited by colin_thames; Apr 21, 2023 at 5:20 am
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:07 am

I was using the the top menu Book > Book a flight with Avios.....
I have just tried the sidebar route for LHR to BHD , 27th Aug, 2Ad+2YgAd and I still get the error
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by whisper2
I was using the the top menu Book > Book a flight with Avios.....
I have just tried the sidebar route for LHR to BHD , 27th Aug, 2Ad+2YgAd and I still get the error
Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. The error seems to be quite random but mostly with flights into LHR or London All Airports. I was getting the error with EDI- London All Airports, EDI-LHR and EDI-LCY using the top menu search, but the side menu worked for flights into LCY. Weird and very frustrating. I have tweeted @British_Airways. Perhaps others should?
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: BA silver,
Just managed to book an Aberdeen to LHR flight after several days of the “problem with your request” message.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by colin_thames
Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. The error seems to be quite random but mostly with flights into LHR or London All Airports. I was getting the error with EDI- London All Airports, EDI-LHR and EDI-LCY using the top menu search, but the side menu worked for flights into LCY. Weird and very frustrating. I have tweeted @British_Airways. Perhaps others should?
Still broken for me last night. Did you get any response on Twitter?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Have had the error message but also I can not find a single seat in and class ATH LHR in September October. Bizarre really but I have assumed it BA’s world leading IT
Old May 10, 2023, 9:58 am

Hi
6 months error -

Error

when looking for any flight with AVIOS
the BA says that everything is fine with my account and checked that the place of residence is filled, tried VPN, diferent browser and only three letter city codes

any advice ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.