Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in at Washington IAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Check in at Washington IAD

I have a late return to LHR from IAD this week. I haven’t flown out of Dulles in years. When does the BA bag drop open? Is it three hours before take off?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic
I have a late return to LHR from IAD this week. I haven’t flown out of Dulles in years. When does the BA bag drop open? Is it three hours before take off?
A couple of months ago I checked in and it was just over 3 hours before take off. A good team there as well.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Go to MMB, use the "previous" interface style, check in tab on the flight, "more ways to check in" and you'll be given chapter and verse.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
If this is the later flight can they drop their bag off whilst check in is open for the earlier flight ?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Simonp27
A good team there as well.
Indeed they are, and the lounge team too.
I got a right telling-off from the check-in agent for wearing my "I'm declaring a Mayday" T-shirt on a recent trip....
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
If this is the later flight can they drop their bag off whilst check in is open for the earlier flight ?
Yes, that should be fine. Back in November, due to meetings finishing earlier than expected, I arrived at IAD at 5pm despite being booked on BA292 at 10pm. I wasn't personally checking in a bag, but figured since the desks were quiet it was a good opportunity to get document formalities out of the way, which they did. And accepted a colleague's bag for check-in who was on the same flight.
gliderpilot and Genius1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.