Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA e-vouchers help?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:13 am
Original Poster

BA e-vouchers help?

Hi sorry to bring the subject of e-vouchers up again! I have searched on the forum but I'm struggling to find anything that helps.
We have 3 e-vouchers left worth £4,100 in total and they are not covered in the BA refund dates.
These have to be used by sept. 30th and I'm struggling to use them due to lack of work holiday entitlement, and I would love a refund instead, or an extension to November 2023 🙈?
Do any of you know away around this? Any help much appreciated 😊. Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey high value. Were the vouchers issued as you chose to cancel trips or did BA cancel the flights and you took Future Travel Vouchers?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Crikey high value. Were the vouchers issued as you chose to cancel trips or did BA cancel the flights and you took Future Travel Vouchers?
We choose to cancel, so E-vouchers not future travel vouchers.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm ok, only option I can think of would be to book flights for return date by 30/09, then pay a change fee and hopefully no fare difference to shunt them onwards to November.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Hmmm ok, only option I can think of would be to book flights for return date by 30/09, then pay a change fee and hopefully no fare difference to shunt them onwards to November.
Not sure where my reply went? Must have done it wrong? I'll try again?
Thanks for your reply.
i found a thread on here whilst searching, which I now can't find? I believe someone said they booked a flight +hotel and paid a deposit. Then called to add the vouchers and these were refunded to their account? Anyone know if this is correct? Thinking I could then cancel and just loose the deposit 🤔.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catlady40
Not sure where my reply went? Must have done it wrong? I'll try again?
Thanks for your reply.
i found a thread on here whilst searching, which I now can't find? I believe someone said they booked a flight +hotel and paid a deposit. Then called to add the vouchers and these were refunded to their account? Anyone know if this is correct? Thinking I could then cancel and just loose the deposit 🤔.
Indeed this route works, however the holidays team would reject as the holiday would need to be completed by 30/09/23
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Indeed this route works, however the holidays team would reject as the holiday would need to be completed by 30/09/23
even if I booked anything to the value of the vouchers? Travelling before the 30th September?

Wish they would extend the vouchers again 🙄
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I recently emailed customer services to request a status extension following the birth of our son. When this was thankfully granted, I sent a follow-up message speculatively asking whether it would be possible to get a cash refund for an outstanding eVoucher with a value running well into four figures. To my significant surprise I received a reply confirming they were happy to do this and I now have the money back in my account. I guess it’s pretty likely I managed to get the refund due to my ongoing paternity leave making it more difficult to use the eVoucher, but nevertheless it might be worth at least asking for a refund to see what happens? There has been a lot of negative press in recent days regarding the hundreds of millions of pounds tied up in vouchers that many people will be unable to use (not least because fares have generally risen very sharply during the post-pandemic recovery), so perhaps requests for cash refunds are now generally being viewed more sympathetically?
catlady40 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry with these. The volume of vouchers unused and the impending deadline and very high prices now makes this something that is likely to be the subject of a consumer campaign. In fact might even be worth trying to start one.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
This looks as though it was a FTV ? But interesting none the less

woman single handled takes on BA and wins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-64788448
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
This looks as though it was a FTV ? But interesting none the less

woman single handled takes on BA and wins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-64788448
I think this issue was destination specific. The original flight was cancelled and the pax could have had a refund, but accepted a voucher instead. However, she was unable to use the voucher as it was nearly 3 years before Japan opened its borders for international travel.
adrianlondon and DXB2745 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry with these. The volume of vouchers unused and the impending deadline and very high prices now makes this something that is likely to be the subject of a consumer campaign. In fact might even be worth trying to start one.
This was my view too. In some circumstances it will be very difficult to redeem simply due to full flights and less than full schedules. So I would imagine there may be a further extension, however that's not anything that anyone can rely upon.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:03 am

The issue I have is I keep forgetting I have an evoucher that needs using until after I've completed the cash booking. My forgetfulness isn't helped that there doesn't appear to be an obvious bit in the payment process when you're prompted to use your evoucher. The one time I did remember was for a BA holiday when you can't use them in the payment process although I know you can fill out a form to reclaim. Anyway, my own fault, but I must remember to use next time.

None of the above is useful to the OP, but I'd suggest you give BA a call and see what might be possible for you.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:20 am

Interesting, so you have book and travel by 30th Sept, however you could then cha be that ticket (for the appropriate fee) for travel beyond that date? In a similar situation with eVouchers and dates, however in my case I don’t want a refund as my vouchers were sourced cheaply via the double Avios promotion and any automatic refund will likely be problematic
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
The issue I have is I keep forgetting I have an evoucher that needs using until after I've completed the cash booking. My forgetfulness isn't helped that there doesn't appear to be an obvious bit in the payment process when you're prompted to use your evoucher. The one time I did remember was for a BA holiday when you can't use them in the payment process although I know you can fill out a form to reclaim. Anyway, my own fault, but I must remember to use next time.

None of the above is useful to the OP, but I'd suggest you give BA a call and see what might be possible for you.
There has been several recent reports that BAH are simply refunding these eVouchers now upon receipt, in your case that may be the preference.
CatchThePigeon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.