Wiki Posts
Search

Do BA no longer use VeriFLY?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023 | 3:43 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited

Do BA no longer use VeriFLY?

Trying to use VeriFLY for the first time for a flight on Tuesday to Seattle and BA is not in the drop-down list for Airlines on the app. Queried this with VeriFLY support and their reply is:

"Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.

Please be aware that, at this moment, VeriFLY has partnered with the following airlines:

American Airlines
Japan Airlines
Air Lingus
Tradewind

The VeriFLY team is constantly working on expanding the availability of the app so we hope to be able to offer our services to you in the future."
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 3:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, I'm seeing the same, though I used it a few days ago. BA is no longer an option on the dropdown list, so you can't enter a BA flight number any more.

So I'm guessing it's Salesforce only from now on.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 3:54 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I'm seeing the same, though I used it a few days ago. BA is no longer an option on the dropdown list, so you can't enter a BA flight number any more.

Thanks for the corroboration. It's disappointing that BA e-mailed me yesterday suggesting that I use it!
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 4:01 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by llynsoch
Thanks for the corroboration. It's disappointing that BA e-mailed me yesterday suggesting that I use it!
Knowing BA expect it to be 5-7 years before that email stops going out.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 5:13 am
10 Countries Visited

Ill admit I had forgotten all about VeriFLY and the need for an attestation form etc, despite it only being a few months since my last US trip.

Heading to SFO on Wednesday - whats the easiest way now to make the whole check-in experience smooth if VeriFLY is no longer an option?
Mercinator007 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 5:44 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I bloody hope not.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 5:51 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Moleish
Heading to SFO on Wednesday - what’s the easiest way now to make the whole check-in experience smooth if VeriFLY is no longer an option?
I flew from FRA - MIA (on LH Direct) yesterday. At OLCI I was asked if I had read the rules etc for Covid which I ticked and at actual checkin was only asked if I had an ESTA etc. I downloaded a paper attestation form and printed/signed it just in case but at Miami immigration (where i have GE) I was not asked anything, just how long I was going to stay and then I was outside in 5 mins.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 6:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Moleish
Heading to SFO on Wednesday - what’s the easiest way now to make the whole check-in experience smooth if VeriFLY is no longer an option?
Use this Salesforce link when you are less than 3 days but more than 2 days from departure, and only reference the flight that gets you into the first port in the USA. So if you mean LHR-SFO then that flight, if NCL-LHR-JFK-SFO then it's LHR to JFK.

https://iberia.my.site.com/BADigital...ionEmbarque_BA
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Silver, LH Senator, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I flew from FRA - MIA (on LH Direct) yesterday.
So BA and LH share their OLCI process now?
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 7:33 am

If the US drop their COVID travel requirement mandate on 11 May does that mean we will no longer have to go through the Salesforce process?
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 8:05 am

Originally Posted by analogueman
If the US drop their COVID travel requirement mandate on 11 May does that mean we will no longer have to go through the Salesforce process?
That would be my expectation.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 11:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by analogueman
Hopefully come May that's end of it re uploading stuff and all travel for all countries will quickly go back to the way pre-covid fingers crossed 🤞

Whilst COVID is still something to be dealt with/be aware of/vaccinated etc I think after 3 years the time is right given what we know about the disease etc and I'm sure it will make things much easier for not just passengers but BA too.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 3:22 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Marschel
So BA and LH share their OLCI process now?
Strangely they both have the same requirements for entry into the US - maybe hard for you to comprehend
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Silver, LH Senator, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Strangely they both have the same requirements for entry into the US - maybe hard for you to comprehend
yet they process it differently.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 6:50 pm

Oh please tell me it's true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.