Part Pay on Holidays With Avios

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Part Pay on Holidays With Avios

Just received the following email :

We always take Executive Club improvements seriously. Just as seriously as you take the need to relax, rejuvenate and switch off when you’re on holiday.

Which is why we’re delighted to say you can now part pay with Avios on British Airways Holidays bookings.

It’s exciting news, because now you can save on so much more than flights. Pay less for the whole package, whether it’s a last-minute city break, all-inclusive luxury getaway or fly-drive road trip. You can even use your Avios to pay the deposit to secure your booking.

Plus, you’ll still collect Bonus Avios on your holiday and double Tier Points on selected holidays. So, where to next?
PETER01 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
WOWZA … time to burn some of our 1m+ Avios! Thanks for the flag!

EDIT … got the email now! Exploring!
mikeyfly and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
WOWZA … time to burn some of our 1m+ Avios! Thanks for the flag!

EDIT … got the email now! Exploring!
Qatar, or JAL redemptions surely is the way forward?
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I got the mail, and am waiting for the hive geek mind on here to determine if it's a good use of maps or not
GlasgowBlue and BA or bust like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I just posted the T&Cs on the wiki at the top of the page on Spending Avios
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35048833-post778.html

Re-posting here

It doesn't appear to be available everywhere and its not clear how much it costs
Here are the T&Cs from
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ditions-of-use

1 Members can use their Avios to pay for part of the total price of selected holidays* (Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car) when making a non-redemption booking on ba.com for travel on British Airways operated flights and British Airways codeshares with selected partners.
2 Bookings made with this payment option will be subject to the standard fare rules associated with the holiday purchased.
3 Avios can be used to pay for bookings made on ba.com or by calling a British Airways Contact Centre.
4 The entire booking must be eligible for Avios part payment for it to be applied to the booking.
5 The Avios payment rates are defined in a fixed set of currencies. If more than one Avios payment option is available, it is not possible to change the price option chosen once a booking has been made.
6 The Avios payable will depend on the cabin class, route selected, the hotel and/or car selected, and the number of people on the booking, this will be clearly displayed on the booking page.
7 British Airways reserves the right to alter the applicable Avios payment rates at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, but this will not apply to bookings already made and the applicable rate will always be clearly displayed on the booking page.
8 When a Member makes a booking using Avios, the Member must make the relevant payment for the holiday. The Avios will be debited from the Member’s Executive Club account, for each passenger on the booking.
9 The Avios and Tier Points to be accrued by each Member on the booking will be in line with the flights purchased and available to view in Manage my Booking once the holiday has been booked.
10 When Avios have been used as part payment, the Avios will be refundable only where the holiday is refundable. Partial refunds of holiday payment will be credited to your Avios account up to the value of the original part payment, with any remainder credited to your original method of payment.
11 In the case of a Household Account, current redemption rules apply regarding the debiting of Avios across the accounts of the Household members. However, Members of a Household Account can make Avios part-payment bookings for people outside of the Household Account.
12 Once your chosen payment option has been selected and the booking confirmed, it is not possible to use Avios as a form of payment for any future balance payments on that booking.
13 Avios part payment may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, unless expressly stated otherwise.

*Countries where BA Holidays are available are:

In Europe: UK, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic Finland, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Israel, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Turkey.
In the Americas: USA, Canada, Argentina, Barbados, Bermuda, Bahamas, Chile, Grenada, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis**, Turks and Caicos, Trinidad and Tobago.
In the rest of the world: South Africa, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, India, New Zealand**, Egypt.
(**Ground only markets)
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dummy booking to ANU (back to COCOS for 8 days in Sep, AI and CW).

Basic cost ex-LGW £7.4k. Options are …

D1L, firstlight and ratechaser like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by T8191
Dummy booking to ANU (back to COCOS for 8 days in Sep, AI and CW).

Basic cost ex-LGW £7.4k. Options are …

0.5p for avios for significant savings, par for the course it seems. Only the smallest discount prices at 0.8p per avios.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:02 am

So unless there are bargains hiding amongst the thousands of BA holidays on offer, it is still better to cash Avios for Nectar points if you want to see the best cash return.
FamilyOf6 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
0.5p for avios for significant savings, par for the course it seems. Only the smallest discount prices at 0.8p per avios.
Yeah, if I'd had to take a wild guess, this is the sort of sliding scale I'd have come up with (although would have hoped the smallest saving was pegged at 1p/Avio as per flights)

I do wonder though if this could impact the 1.26% TopCashback that can currently be earned on BAH bookings... on the example given, that would be a fairly useful £90 that I wouldn't want to risk if I was just going for the £125 save option...
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
No doubt Raffles will be along soon to inform us if this is worth it or not
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, the complexities of life for those in UK, shuffling various programmes! Envy? Not! We get Avios via Amex on Groceries, Cigs and Wine … and BA spend/travel/BAH. That’s it! And maintaining Gold means we can’t really be rrrsed to chase cheap flights that don’t earn TPs. But painlessly whittling down our Avios pile to save several £k … I like a LOT.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Here’s what I’m seeing for a short haul holiday booking, flight + car, in economy (ET), 7 day return to Malaga this March.

Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Small change, if I may be so bold!
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:29 pm

So can we also redeem eVoucher online now for BAH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.