Wiki Posts
Search

Club World - welcome drink

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Club World - welcome drink

Anyone else noticed it’s only orange juice or the fizz now? Used to have water on offer too, now you just get told to open the bottle at your seat.
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
If the (warm) bottles have been distributed already. IME that can happen at any time during boarding anyway. I agree the PDB tray ought, in a perfect world, to have a water option, but perhaps involves too much to-and-fro for the CC?
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I love FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
On Qatar the bottles are chilled (I seem to recall) and the Lemon/Mint juice is the one to have (especially good with Rum during the flight as well)
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Anyone else noticed it’s only orange juice or the fizz now? Used to have water on offer too, now you just get told to open the bottle at your seat.
I noticed that, but I also noticed the guy sitting in front of me asked for sparkling water as his welcome drink and, to be fair to the crew, they got it for him. Not saying they'll do that for everyone who asks for their own custom welcome drink, but he wasn't refused.

I guess opening a sparkling water bottle is far easier than mixing up a cocktail. Not sure if he got ice and lemon though.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Yes I’ve noticed that on the last few flights. I find it annoying as often I want to save the bottled water for later so I’d rather have a glass of water instead of the horrible concentrated orange juice or the champagne if it’s Castel-no.
Buster, Genius1, lhrsfo and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atcer28
Yes I’ve noticed that on the last few flights. I find it annoying as often I want to save the bottled water for later so I’d rather have a glass of water instead of the horrible concentrated orange juice or the champagne if it’s Castel-no.
Yes, me too. And I haven't appreciated the huffing and puffing I've witnessed when - in response to being told to have my bottle - I've kindly asked for a glass instead. I'm sure a majority of pax used to take the water over the OJ/Fizz so why they've now removed it I've no idea.
becks1 and SkyLich like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by atcer28
Are we rationed to one bottle per person, regardless of cabin? What about the “wellness” thing?
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
If the (warm) bottles have been distributed already. IME that can happen at any time during boarding anyway. I agree the PDB tray ought, in a perfect world, to have a water option, but perhaps involves too much to-and-fro for the CC?
Customers expecting chilled water ….. in business class ….. ?!! Whatever next
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What do the plebs down the back get?
RJD1983 and Grande Annee like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
What do the plebs down the back get?

We were hoping you could tell us ……
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Are we rationed to one bottle per person, regardless of cabin? What about the “wellness” thing?
Mixed bag; some times a crew member will give me another bottle and other times they tell me it is one per person only
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They will give you sparkling water (or other mainstream drink) on request. And other bottles of water can be provided later in the flight. No recent changes in this area, so I don't think this is another harbinger of the end of civilisation just yet. Occasionally they will run low on small water bottles, hot water days at the point of origin will cause this, and so you may get a happier reaction if you present the empty Harrogate bottle and as for a refill from the bigger water bottles.
HIDDY, RJD1983, flygirl68 and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load
We were hoping you could tell us ……
Short thrift?
trickshot and AnaTravel like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
They rarely have more and fill your small bottle up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.