Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA OnBusiness site down ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
BA OnBusiness site down ?

The OnBusiness site seems to be unavailable for days already. Is it just me?

https://www.onbusiness-programme.com/samlsso

It's getting really frustrating how the wheels seem to be continually coming off BA's IT.
ba_cityflyer and crazy8534 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Yes I noticed this yesterday and haven't been able to get on since.
I can't remember when I last logged in successfully but may have been a few weeks ago.
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Had a server-level error message yesterday for me, slightly smarter 'maintenance' one now - wonder how long this outage will last for!
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I still get the browser error message that the service is down. I wonder if Tata IT have even noticed yet. I am still waiting for OB credits from some flights 8 months ago and my OB agent in Bremen is pulling her hair out that the retro-credits continue to be automatically declined without her being able to contact somebody in BA internally. This level of frustration completely overwhelms the attractiveness of this program.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Yep, not just the website, the agents have no access either. I've been trying to upgrade a leg of a flight using some OB points, flight shows A1, guaranteed it will vanish before the system is back up!
Tafflyer and crazy8534 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

The whole OB setup is not fit for purpose. What is the point if you have to fight for months to get the point and the back-end systems go down for days at a time without warning or information on when it will be available again.
EDIflyer and crazy8534 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:38 am

Just tried to use it. Still down
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:50 am

Thanks, saved me trying - their IT really is shocking!
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

That’s a whole week now. Unbelievable. There’s not even anywhere to complain to. My OB contact is in Bremen and they’re just as frustrated that they cannot get any information.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:34 am

I spoke to the BA OnBusiness team on the phone just now (Tel UK: 03444930748) and the agent said "The system was down all of last week and is going to be down all of this week, and probably until further notice and we may even cancel the OnBusiness scheme. The BA team can't access the OnBusiness system either so if you want to book tickets then you will have to purchase as normal"
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Still down this morning
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by BenF1000
"... we may even cancel the OnBusiness scheme..."
Will BA be giving the companies any kind of Avios equivalent for their unused OBs if they cancel it? We've maintained the higher-tier spend with BA for several years partly because we've found OB has given us real value at times that offsets BA/AA/IB sometimes being more expensive/less convenient. That business will start to go elsewhere. BA's IT is just appalling.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:23 am

I spoke to the BA OnBusiness team on the phone just now (Tel UK: 03444930748) and the agent said "The system was down all of last week and is going to be down all of this week, and probably until further notice and we may even cancel the OnBusiness scheme. The BA team can't access the OnBusiness system either so if you want to book tickets then you will have to purchase as normal"
Wow that's a pretty damning summary from them! I wonder if they have been subjected to some sort of cyberattack? If they close the scheme I would be pretty peeved if they did nothing to deal with the points already accrued and offer some sort of Avios alternative!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Wow that's a pretty damning summary from them! I wonder if they have been subjected to some sort of cyberattack? If they close the scheme I would be pretty peeved if they did nothing to deal with the points already accrued and offer some sort of Avios alternative!
You couldn’t make this up.

We can’t fix the IT so we’ll cancel the program.

The OB program is supposed to benefit businesses too small to have full corporate deals with BA. Star Alliance has the equivalent PartnerPlus scheme. I cannot believe BA would cancel the program.
EDIflyer and BAFlyer74 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: Meh
Our small company also benefitted from this scheme especially when it first came out - it was excellent. BA's position to possibly cancel the whole scheme is an indictment as to where the company is right now and is going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.