Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA to LHR in First

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:58 am
Original Poster

MIA to LHR in First

Flying first (hopefully), in May out of MIA. What lounge do you have access to flying in First.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Best option would be Flagship. Details here

Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld

And here

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | North America
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by wesport
Flying first (hopefully), in May out of MIA. What lounge do you have access to flying in First.
You get access to the AA Flagship lounge and you should be able to access Flagship First Dining.
Grande Annee and trolleymusic like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:20 am

Yes, I was granted access to Flagship First Dining on a recent BA F flight from MIA. I was also able to guest my friend who was travelling Economy on the same flight into Flagship First Dining too. No hassle at all.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ben1991
Yes, I was granted access to Flagship First Dining on a recent BA F flight from MIA. I was also able to guest my friend who was travelling Economy on the same flight into Flagship First Dining too. No hassle at all.
Would you do flagship dining instead of the meal on board with BA. I’m on the 5 pm flight, so will probably be served at 6 to 6:30.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:29 am

Personally I eat in Flagship dining as the food is better in my opinion, then pick and choose the on board bits I want as a snack!
rollthere, wrp96, mike&co and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Would you do flagship dining instead of the meal on board with BA. I’m on the 5 pm flight, so will probably be served at 6 to 6:30.
For me, the MIA route is almost perfect in terms of the amount of sleep time. If it were one of the later timed flights I would definitely eat in the Flagship First and then sleep as soon as possible on board and skip the meal. The 5pm flight is a bit of a conundrum and I don't tend to use it for that reason.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I tend to eat in the FFD part of the lounge, and then if still peckish from the walk to the gate, choose two things off the onboard menu, to be served ASAP, and then get my head down
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:34 am

In my view, and perhaps unsurprisingly, the food in the FFD is considerably better than the food on-board - not to say the food on-board isn't perfectly fine.

So, I guess it comes down to when you're going to be eating in the FFD, whether you'll want another meal on-board, whether you want to maximise sleep, etc.

You can dine-on-demand in F, so no need to eat early on in the flight.

Eat in the FFD and on-board would be my suggestion!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
FFD at MIA is excellent - properly restaurant quality.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
For me, I would usually try and do FFD and then just get straight to sleep onboard but then I usually have been in Miami less than 5 days and trying not to stray too far from UK time. If I had been over a week in the US I would (also!) eat on board but ask them not to wake me for breakfast.

As said above, FFD is worth it.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Have done MIA-LHR in F twice over the past few months.
Both times I went with FFD over onboard food and I'd do it all the same again
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
What's the present menu for FFD anyway? Better than what the JFK FFD was?
Last couple of times I've been through MIA, the "food" has been very poor in the Flagship lounge. The only saving grace being those Bounty bar sweets in the jars.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by xenole
What's the present menu for FFD anyway? Better than what the JFK FFD was?
Last couple of times I've been through MIA, the "food" has been very poor in the Flagship lounge. The only saving grace being those Bounty bar sweets in the jars.
I'll try and grab it when I'm there on Monday
Gastrocnemius and stuart_f like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I always find the 5pm departure very difficult to go straight to sleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.