Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge SFO Opening Times

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:18 am
Original Poster

BA Lounge SFO Opening Times

The oneworld website states that the SFO lounge closes at 1845. Surely this can't be accurate? I assume that it's open until the later BA flight departs? I realise that there is the American lounge too.
​​
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
The oneworld website states that the SFO lounge closes at 1845. Surely this can't be accurate? I assume that it's open until the later BA flight departs? I realise that there is the American lounge too.​​
hi I think we have had this question here before and it was answered that the lounge does indeed stay open until the later flight departs iirc Regards

​​​​​​​tbs
Luther.e likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks. It seems an extremely basic thing to have the correct opening times on the website.
lhrsfo and Luther.e like this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The SFO lounge, like many in the US is effectively dual purpose. It is BA at set times and pay to enter at other times, the lounge actually opens quite early in the morning. The one world site gives the times based on the timings of BA flights, but the lounge is open much later for others. I can confirm it is open later than the stated hours, my BA flight was 1 hour late and we were invited to board at the appropriate time. Don’t worry!
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Thanks. It seems an extremely basic thing to have the correct opening times on the website.
I’m not sure BA’s IT skills would extend to updating websites.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:19 pm

Two SFO Lounge threads in one day?

🚍🚍🚍

Last edited by Gallus1; Feb 12, 2023 at 9:44 pm
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
The oneworld website states that the SFO lounge closes at 1845. Surely this can't be accurate? I assume that it's open until the later BA flight departs? I realise that there is the American lounge too.
​​
With your question answered, I’ll just add that the BA SFO lounge is pretty good, maybe even turning into one of my favs. Lately, it’s not been full at all. Food varied and tasty. Service has been first rate. If you like gin, they have a very nice gin cart set up by the work stations, just past the bar and hot buffet. Great selection of gins, including Tanqueray N. 10.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Back in the day it was even better - a great host, wine tasting, canapés served at your seat and step on to the jumbo through the back of the lounge. Fond memories.
Tack and Gallus1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.