Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Valentines Day - British Airways Brings Romance to the Skies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

A light hearted thread so not to be taken too seriously please!

A few nice treats in the lounges at LHR T5 for those travelling through there on Tuesday.

https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...s-day?ref=News

British Airways is sharing the love with its customers this Valentine’s Day with a range of special touches and sweet treats on the ground and in the skies.

The airline has launched a dedicated ‘Love is in the air’ in-flight entertainment channel featuring a range of romantic content.

Customers can purchase Valentine’s Day-themed gifts through the airline’s Highlife Shop and earn bumper rewards with extra Avios from specific retailers through the Executive Club eStoreBritish Airways is sharing the love with its customers this Valentine’s Day with a range of special touches including seasonal desserts, a dedicated ‘Love is in the air’ in-flight entertainment channel and sweet treats in its lounges.

To celebrate the month of love, the airline’s culinary experts have created a bespoke Valentine’s Day afternoon tea for those travelling in First. The indulgent afternoon tea comprises of a range of finger sandwiches, a chocolate orange Battenberg, raspberry tart and a chocolate love heart cookie. To accompany the sweet treats, customers can select from the Warre’s Colheita 2009 Tawny Port or the Sauternes, both carefully selected by the airline’s Master of Wine.

For those travelling in Club World, the airline has lovingly created a chocolate mousse dessert and a raspberry and rosewater Valentine’s macaroon as part of the afternoon tea in Club Europe. For customers wishing to pair these sweet treats with a tipple, the airline recommends Graham’s Six Grapes Reserve Ruby Port.

To help customers get in the romantic mood this February, British Airways has also launched a dedicated ‘Love is in the air’ in-flight entertainment channel available in every cabin. Customers looking to enjoy a date night for one in the air can settle in and select from a range of romantic classics and bingeworthy boxsets such as Bridget Jones’s Diary, You’ve Got Mail and The Mating Game.

Elsewhere, the airline’s customers travelling through its lounges on 14 February can also enjoy some Valentine’s Day treats and floral decor. In British Airways’ Galleries and First lounges at Heathrow Terminal 5, customers can enjoy Whispering Angel, Baileys’ popular Strawberries and Cream liqueur and a selection of luxury chocolates before they head off for their flight.
HIDDY, KARFA and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Doesn’t seem very Original.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cameramaker
Doesn’t seem very Original.
It's just a small light-hearted gesture/acknowledgement I suppose even if it is a little bit 'gimmicky'

Genuine question here though. What would you add or just better not to do it?
Dan72, HIDDY and Coffeemadman like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
It's just a small light-hearted gesture/acknowledgement I suppose even if it is a little bit 'gimmicky'

Genuine question here though. What would you add or just better not to do it?
I was referring to their recent marketing campaign where they seemed to shoehorn the word ‘original’ in to almost every sentence possible. The above article was remarkable in that it did not contain a single use of the word!
PETER01, wrp96, masmadrid and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cameramaker
I was referring to their recent marketing campaign where they seemed to shoehorn the word ‘original’ in to almost every sentence possible. The above article was remarkable in that it did not contain a single use of the word!
Ah, I get what you mean now but there is one 'original' in the article!

Calum Laming, British Airways’ Chief Customer Officer, said: “Whether our customers are heading off on a romantic break, a half-term family getaway or a solo adventure for one, we know that every journey is original and indeed special. We hope these little gestures go a long way in showing our appreciation and make our customers feel more loved than ever this Valentine’s month.”
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:22 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My Darlings - I would sooner have some of you over a Glass of Pink Lanson than all the chocolates or Macaroons in France. I think that it is a complete waste of their money,

To be cruelly honest - with the picture and images coming out of Turkey - I just would not feel comfortable. I'd rather the money was sent to Disaster Relief so that someone could be bought a square meal rather than me indulging myself with silly romantic notions. I have been fortunate to have a husband in a million - no two million. He has never bought me flowers, cards or anything - but his love is there in everything that he does for me on a daily basis. I'm sorry if this was not quite what you were asking.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My Darlings - I would sooner have some of you over a Glass of Pink Lanson than all the chocolates or Macaroons in France. I think that it is a complete waste of their money,

To be cruelly honest - with the picture and images coming out of Turkey - I just would not feel comfortable. I'd rather the money was sent to Disaster Relief so that someone could be bought a square meal rather than me indulging myself with silly romantic notions. I have been fortunate to have a husband in a million - no two million. He has never bought me flowers, cards or anything - but his love is there in everything that he does for me on a daily basis. I'm sorry if this was not quite what you were asking.
I hear you, I really do but we're into OMNI territory there and as a principle I just don't go there. (As I said at the start it's a light-hearted thread amongst all the doom and gloom in the world just now)
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great thread Peter. 👍

No chance of us visiting a BA lounge so I'll be making my true love an Argentine BBQ instead on the 14th.

Sorry wrong pic. That's Lobito one of our dogs. Here she is in a BA lounge....GLA I think?

Dan72, Shingi, Cap'n Benj and 12 others like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My Darlings - I would sooner have some of you over a Glass of Pink Lanson than all the chocolates or Macaroons in France. I think that it is a complete waste of their money,.
Stop being such an old fuddy-duddy. 😜
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Great thread Peter. 👍

No chance of us visiting a BA lounge so I'll be making my true love an Argentine BBQ instead on the 14th.

Sorry wrong pic. That's Lobito one of our dogs. Here she is in a BA lounge....GLA I think?

Nice dog!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
BA has rehired a Master of Wine?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A "date night for one"? I dare not ask what the video entertainment will be.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
I'm flying through on Tuesday so will report back if we have enough time to go through GF.

Already donated to the Red Cross relief fund and will not be splurging on any tacky gimmicks and saving that money for the 18th. We're due to fly to Istanbul for a holiday. I'm torn as what to do. On one hand I don't want to be a burden to the country, I'm mex based so know all about the aftermath of earthquakes, but I also know the last thing the hotel will want is to lose the income due to us cancelling.
BA or bust and HIDDY like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
For the first time all year I’m flying from T3 to MAD and back so will report back if anything’s at either.

Sounds a nice idea to lighten the mood for those having to travel.
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I'll be flying on the 11th and 14th CE so hopefully get to report back on the treats. It's a little thing, let's not get too overthinking on it.
PETER01, Ghoulish and Luther.e like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.