Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change: flying earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Schedule change: flying earlier

I was scheduled to fly EDI-LHR-HND with a two hour connection in Heathrow. BA retimed the LHR-HND flight about a month ago and it now leaves much earlier in the day. As a result, my EDI-LHR flight departs the day before. Do you think I can claim back the cost of a night's accommodation in London from BA? Tickets are non-refundable J. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You won't be able to claim the cost of accommodation but you would have been able to cancel for a full refund before you accepted the changes. I doubt you will have that option now.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by golfmad
You won't be able to claim the cost of accommodation but you would have been able to cancel for a full refund before you accepted the changes. I doubt you will have that option now.
Why can't you claim for the overnight at Heathrow? BA changed the schedule after you booked and surely they have a duty of care to look after you? It's not you fault your overnighting.

I thought that their duty of care (unlike EU261) was not restricted to any time constraints and meant that if they can't fly you on the flights you booked forcing you to overnight somewhere they would be picking up the tab..

Or have I got that all kinds of wrong?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Last year we had to travel a day earlier than planned due to schedule changes. We arrived at out destination one day ahead of time. After travel was completed we claimed accommodation and meal costs for that day and they paid without fuss. The return flight was also changed requiring an unplanned overnight in LHR and same thing again, we claimed accommodation and meals and again BA paid without fuss, and reasonably promptly. Accommodation is limited to £200 and they won’t pay for alcohol. The schedule change was made several months in advance so outside of the 14 days required for EU 261 compensation but regardless of the advance notice they have a duty of care when flights are changed. We used the process on the BA website to claim compensation. Make sure you keep all receipts, you will need those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.