Search

BA Executive Club vs Cathay Asia Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:08 am
Original Poster

BA Executive Club vs Cathay Asia Miles?

Hi all,

New member here, pleased to meet you all

I own a small TMC and am looking to sign up some new VIP travellers for frequent flier clubs in each airline alliance.

I have managed various accounts for other VIP clients over the years, so I have experience of managing multiple schemes for them, and for Skyteam I like AF/KL, for Star Alliance I’m happy to go with LH, but the one I am struggling to decide about is One World.

From experience do most of you think the BA Executive Club is best, or CX Asia Miles?

The main requirements based on my previous experiences and issues are:

1) Ease to work way up status tiers faster

2) Ease of finding reward flights to book with the member airline as well as partner airlines

3) Ease of contact for help and assistance from the customer service call centre

I’ve also read just now that BA often charge higher taxes/surcharge than CX, but unless it’s constantly a huge price diff, then this wouldn’t be the deciding factor.

As my clients are frequent business travellers I want them to be able to build up to the higher tier levels for priority check in + boarding, lounge access, free + additional baggage, free + advance seat selection etc, so that their travel is much easier and also rewarding for them, with upgrade options/benefits/better treatment etc.

Also I should add that I was living in HK for 10 years and have used Asia Miles for all personal flights during that time (which I gained via multiple high company credit cards spend), so I’m very familiar with how Asia Miles works, but I don’t want to apply the same logic for my clients who are based in Europe and Dubai - as they are not Asia based where it’s more suitable, but I’m not sure if that matters…

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Last edited by TMC Owner HK UK; Jan 24, 2023 at 2:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.