Community
Wiki Posts
Search

coupons for flights promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:26 am
Original Poster

coupons for flights promotions

It was mentioned on the city article on HfP comments yesterday about collecting 12 tokens in the paper to fly AirUK from city.

And of course the buy a Hoover go to Florida.

Can anyone remember any other great promos

in 2019 a dubai water park gave a free flight per ticket after some hoop jumping.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:31 am

2 decades ago Dole gave away free holiday to Florida including villa if you bought crates of the stuff. We had dole pineapples for many years well past the sell by dates!
Old Jan 20, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Not hugely BA relevant as a thread (?) but anyway there was a period at the end of 2020 when a bug in the Opodo Prime discounting mechanism created negative fares on cheap flights, the ultras were particularly well catered for, Wizz and Ryanair. I ended up with quite a number of bookings to Dublin and Krakow as I recall, but sadly Covid made it impossible to fly any and I think they all ended up lapsing.

What happened was that you got to a payment screen with a negative total, had to enter a credit card detail, but nothing was charged to it.
ttama likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Not hugely BA relevant as a thread (?) but anyway there was a period at the end of 2020 when a bug in the Opodo Prime discounting mechanism created negative fares on cheap flights, the ultras were particularly well catered for, Wizz and Ryanair. I ended up with quite a number of bookings to Dublin and Krakow as I recall, but sadly Covid made it impossible to fly any and I think they all ended up lapsing.

What happened was that you got to a payment screen with a negative total, had to enter a credit card detail, but nothing was charged to it.
no it’s not BA related but it’s aviation… love it when people get on edge about a stray topic. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SA100
Can anyone remember any other great promos
I wouldn't say it was a 'great' promo but I remember taking part in one with British Airways which must have dated back to around 1991. We were living in Glasgow at the time and I was up and down to London a fair bit. I think it required 9 or 10 sectors to qualify for a free posh dinner for two somewhere. As I was still in my 20s at the time this seemed like the pinnacle of frequent flying for me. Does anyone else remember that one? I think it pre-dated my BAEC membership or even the BAEC itself?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This was BA x most definitely. Sainsbury’s and Homebase had a promotion whereby you needed till rolls up to £200 (I think) and you got a voucher on BA which took 20% of flights in Europe. There was also quite a hefty amount of long haul flights as well. I just can’t remember the details.

some friends of mine got within a week of the closing of the promotion and only had about £50 in till rolls as they didn’t shop much Sainsbury’s. It was on a visit to a large Sainsbury’s. That one of them had a brilliant idea to go round and check in all the waste bins and trolleys as people are remarkably careless about meeting till rolls. she did one lap around the car park, and before she got halfway, she had enough for one voucher, and at the end she had enough for three. This was back in the days when they used to put a separate credit card transactions slept through the till at the same time he was printed the end you signed it. To her amazement, these were in shopping trolley, some of the bin as well. As it was impossible from the two rolls of the time, I have any idea who had bought what They got all their vouchers. However, on the second promotion about a year or so later, they did exactly the same thing again. This time, unless it came from Sainsbury’s congratulating them on getting their vouchers so quickly. Feeling that collars might be being felt and that they may have been sussed, they desisted getting any more. The promotion ended and was followed by the loyalty card system which existst to this day.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Ah, the lost art of Wombling receipts. Made many a Clubcard point that way back in the day.
Shingi and PUCCI GALORE like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.