Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAA reporting all US flights are grounded

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Flights are resuming and a random sampling done by moi shows some late morning flights JFK to have left pretty much on time (a Delta flight to SFO for example) and and some earlier morning flights to be delayed approx 60-90min (an Alaska flight to SFO for example).

I think by the end of the day some non-BA flights will end up cancelled but this will not have lingering multi day effects.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
An old memory cell clicked into life ... I accept the definition has changed slightly, but the old one still sticks in my head

FYI.

First I knew about it being ‘Air Missions’ as opposed to the original ‘Airmen’ was today.
JAXBA and Mekko like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Sigwx
First I knew about it being ‘Air Missions’ as opposed to the original ‘Airmen’ was today.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64243338

> Until December 2021 the system was known as "Notice to Airmen", but authorities changed the name to remove the gender reference and reflect the fact that Notam information is used by drone operators as well as pilots onboard aircraft.

Regards,
whherron
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Sigwx
Rather disingenuous given it’s an RA delay from the late inbound from MIA.
Thanks for introducing me to the world of IATA delay codes. Googling “RA delay” brought up this comprehensive list:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA_delay_codes
alex67500 and Sigwx like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.