Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero

So which famous face did you spot on your BA travels today?

Previous editions (now archived)
Celebs on BA | 2022 edition
Celebs on BA | 2020/21 edition
Celebs on BA | 2019 edition
Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Print Wikipost

Celebs on BA | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Celebs on BA | 2023 edition

Kicking off 2023 with Ade Adepitan (BBC Travel Show) in GF T5 just now.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
The amazing, inimitable, Sheena Melwani boarding a flight to DXB at C63.
#ifyouknowyouknow

No doubt cue the usual round of comedic geniuses telling us all how incredibly smart they are because they haven’t heard of her- well I have so !
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:18 pm

Judie Dench on BA1311 ABZ-LHR 2nd Jan. She had to wait with the rest of us at baggage claim which took over an hour!
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duuckiie
Judie Dench on BA1311 ABZ-LHR 2nd Jan. She had to wait with the rest of us at baggage claim which took over an hour!
Love her. I've seen her shopping on Oxford Street, then having an al fresco lunch with a friend. Totally down to earth, unassuming lady.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by crazy8534
#ifyouknowyouknow

No doubt cue the usual round of comedic geniuses telling us all how incredibly smart they are because they haven’t heard of her- well I have so !
Not me, I haven't heard of her and I wasn't planning on sharing that with the world just in case I got cancelled for using the wrong pronoun.
IAN-UK, Fatdickie, ASH18 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by The Geek; Jan 11, 2023 at 5:54 pm
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:44 am

Mentioned on the 2022 thread at the time, Blue singer Lee Ryan has been convicted of the racially aggravated assault of a flight cabin crew member:

"Ryan, 39, had drunk a bottle of port in the airport lounge before boarding a British Airways flight from Glasgow to London City Airport on 31 July, Ealing Magistrates' Court heard. One flight crew member said the pop star had told her he wanted an upgrade and asked her if she knew who he was. Ryan, who denied all charges, said his behaviour had been "playful". The boyband star, who said he lived in Spain, was found guilty of being drunk on an aircraft, assaulting a police officer by biting him, racially aggravated common assault by beating and behaving in an abusive way towards the cabin crew member. He is due to be sentenced on 24 February. After the hearing, members of the press saw Ryan, who was given unconditional bail, running into a nearby primary school to avoid photographers."

In case you needed more evidence that being famous doesn't necessarily bestow upon you any class....
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:50 am

#ifyouknowyouknow

Erm... add me to that list of incredibly smart people
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
In case you needed more evidence that being famous doesn't necessarily bestow upon you any class....
Of course, we should not confuse 'famous' with being 'well known'.
A bit more worrying was the "After the hearing, members of the press saw Ryan, who was given unconditional bail, running into a nearby primary school to avoid photographers."
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:56 am

Mentioned on the 2022 thread at the time, Blue singer Lee Ryan has been convicted of the racially aggravated assault of a flight cabin crew member:

"Ryan, 39, had drunk a bottle of port in the airport lounge before boarding a British Airways flight from Glasgow to London City Airport on 31 July, Ealing Magistrates' Court heard. One flight crew member said the pop star had told her he wanted an upgrade and asked her if she knew who he was. Ryan, who denied all charges, said his behaviour had been "playful". The boyband star, who said he lived in Spain, was found guilty of being drunk on an aircraft, assaulting a police officer by biting him, racially aggravated common assault by beating and behaving in an abusive way towards the cabin crew member. He is due to be sentenced on 24 February. After the hearing, members of the press saw Ryan, who was given unconditional bail, running into a nearby primary school to avoid photographers."

Speaking of lounge pilfering he put it down to necking a whole bottle of port in the lounge at Glasgow as his flight was delayed.

I hope he would now be banned for life by BA and that the Flight Attendant has been well supported.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
I hope he would now be banned for life by BA and that the Flight Attendant has been well supported.
Exactly what I was thinking, I know BA have certainly banned 'celebs' in the past but sadly some of those people were subsequently allowed to fly again.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:45 pm

Exactly what I was thinking, I know BA have certainly banned 'celebs' in the past but sadly some of those people were subsequently allowed to fly again.
I suspect some of these people are very high net worthy individuals and hence would have minor suspensions. Their management/pr team probably deals with the airline and smooth things over. I seem to recall the supermodel Naomi Campell ban was lifted.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Love her. I've seen her shopping on Oxford Street, then having an al fresco lunch with a friend. Totally down to earth, unassuming lady.
A member of our parish (though not regular poster anymore) lived in the same Sussex village as her and was good friends. He attended a black tie event that she was at and even persuaded her to do the Bond/M pose which remains his Facebook profile picture "D
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
I seem to recall the supermodel Naomi Campell ban was lifted.
Yup, that’s the episode I was thinking of and I think the lifting of her ban didn’t go down well with staff at all.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Spotted Gok Wan on yesterdays afternoon flight to GLA.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Jeremy Hunt on BA282 (LAX-LHR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.